Today is the day that Busch Gardens Tampa Bay opens their newest coaster, Cobra’s Curse, to the public.
The steel roller coaster, which is located in the Egypt area of the theme park, reaches a maximum speed of 40 mph and features an 80-foot snake statue. A 70-foot vertical lift takes riders within inches of its 3 foot-wide eyes and 4-foot-long fangs.
During the three-and-a-half-minute ride, the coaster vehicles speed along 2,100 feet of serpentine-like track, travelling forward, backward, and then spinning freely. Each vehicle spins randomly, with frequency and direction determined by the rider weight distribution.
The coaster’s entry queue is air-conditioned, and features an immersive themed experience. It also hosts a state-of-the-art snake exhibit featuring four exotic snake species, including some of the world’s most feared and often misunderstood vipers.
For safety, riders must be 48 inches to ride, or 42 inches with a parent or guardian.
Cobra’s Curse is included with admission to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. For tickets or more information, visit CobrasCurse.com.
To get you in the mood, here is a teaser video of what to expect on the coaster:
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020