This week, LEGOLAND Florida debuted two new reasons to visit this summer, and one of them is “LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS 4D: The Book of Creativity.” This is a new animated film that is set in the futuristic Kingdom of Knighton.
Based on the new LEGO series of building sets and the just-launched TV show, the 12½-minute, immersive experience combines 3D computer animation with “4D” real-world effects like wind and water, to bring the action bursting off the screen and into the audience.
I went in knowing nothing about the Nexo Knights, but thankfully we got a brief primer before the show. I was happy to hear one of the Knights is Princess Macy, who fights just as well as the boy knights.
There are smoke effects, and flickering lights that may bother younger kids, but this movie is fun for all ages. The kids seemed to enjoy whenever the evil Book of Monsters spit out LEGO bricks to form dastardly characters, too.
“LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS 4D: The Book of Creativity” will have several showings daily in the Wells Fargo Fun Town Theater.
There will also be six exclusive shields located throughout the park that unlock unique NEXO Powers within the free LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS: Merlok 2.0 mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
Here is a trailer for the new attrraction:
“LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS 4D: The Book of Creativity” is included with admission to the park. Visit legolandflorida.com for more information.
- THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD to Open at LEGOLAND Florida in 2019 - May 24, 2018
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018