Effective this week, Universal Orlando is charging higher prices at the gate for one-day tickets under their new Seasonal Pricing policy.
Normally one-day/one-park tickets are $105 for adults and $100 for children, but since the parks have entered their busysummer season, a one-day/one-park ticket at the gate will now set you back $119 for adults and $114 for children.
The park-to-park/one-day tickets are also subject to the seasonal pricing. Normally the ticket is $155 for adults and $150 for children, but during this busy season, park-to-park/one-day tickets at the gate are now $169 for adults, and $164 for children.
According to a Universal Orlando spokesperson, the new system does NOT affect online, advance-purchase, or multi-day tickets. So to avoid the seasonal pricing, the best bet is to buy your tickets in advance online at universalorlando.com.
Future seasonal pricing will appear on the website, so if you plan to wait until you get to the front gates, check online first to see if you’ll be shelling out additional for your ticket.
To be honest, I expected this to happen once Universal Studios Hollywood put seasonal pricing into place earlier this year, ahead of the opening of its version of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Walt Disney World also enacted seasonal pricing on its one-day/one park tickets a few months ago.
What do you think? Will this seasonal ticket pricing at Universal Orlando keep you from the park at busy times, or will you purchase your tickets online before your visit to save money? Or do you have annual passes and don’t care either way? Let us know in comments.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2020 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 21, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2020/2021 Season .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 20, 2020
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020