Effective this week, Universal Orlando is charging higher prices at the gate for one-day tickets under their new Seasonal Pricing policy.
Normally one-day/one-park tickets are $105 for adults and $100 for children, but since the parks have entered their busysummer season, a one-day/one-park ticket at the gate will now set you back $119 for adults and $114 for children.
The park-to-park/one-day tickets are also subject to the seasonal pricing. Normally the ticket is $155 for adults and $150 for children, but during this busy season, park-to-park/one-day tickets at the gate are now $169 for adults, and $164 for children.
According to a Universal Orlando spokesperson, the new system does NOT affect online, advance-purchase, or multi-day tickets. So to avoid the seasonal pricing, the best bet is to buy your tickets in advance online at universalorlando.com.
Future seasonal pricing will appear on the website, so if you plan to wait until you get to the front gates, check online first to see if you’ll be shelling out additional for your ticket.
To be honest, I expected this to happen once Universal Studios Hollywood put seasonal pricing into place earlier this year, ahead of the opening of its version of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Walt Disney World also enacted seasonal pricing on its one-day/one park tickets a few months ago.
What do you think? Will this seasonal ticket pricing at Universal Orlando keep you from the park at busy times, or will you purchase your tickets online before your visit to save money? Or do you have annual passes and don’t care either way? Let us know in comments.
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 12, 2020: Florida Bars Reopen, MX Taco, The Monroe Orlando, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 12, 2020
- Orlando Shakes Hosts Free Online Preview of PlayFest 2020 on Sept 12 .. @OrlandoShakes #OrlandoArts - September 10, 2020
- Cannes Short Film Festival to Screen Orlando Ballet Documentary Starting Sept 13 .. @OrlandoBallet #OrlandoArts - September 9, 2020
- Orlando Main Streets Launches ‘Local Orlando’ Visitors’ Guide .. @OrlMainStreets - September 7, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando Offers Free Admission for Florida K-12 Teachers Through August 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #TeacherDiscounts - September 6, 2020
- Teak Neighborhood Grill Hosts 2nd Annual “Burger World Tour” with $5 Burgers .. @TeakOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants #Burgers - September 5, 2020
- Orlando Magic Team Up with City of Orlando to Turn Amway Center Into Early Voting Center and Mail Ballot Drop-Off Location .. @CityBeautiful @AmwayCenter @OrlandoMagic #Voting - September 3, 2020