It’s only a matter of months until The Incredible Hulk Coaster reopens after a major revamp, and this week Universal Orlando has revealed some relaunch details.
The first big change is the entrance to the coaster. As you enter the ride, you’ll pass underneath a towering figure of The Hulk, using his colossal strength to hold up pieces of the coaster’s track. These pieces are actually salvaged from the ride’s original track.
There is also a new original storyline that will be laid out in the queue: General Thaddeus Ross is calling for volunteers for a new experiment. Your only warning is that you’ll be subjected to high levels of gamma radiation through a process called Hulk-a-fication – a potentially life-altering process first introduced by Dr. Bruce Banner.
As you enter, you’ll notice the building has been redesigned as a state-of-the-art military research compound, where General Ross is conducting an array of questionable, bio-radiological experiments.
Next, you’ll arrive at the Gamma core – an intense energy source that sends pulsing waves of radiation upward to fuel General Ross’s experiment.
Finally, you’ll be rushed to a loading platform, sparking with electric bursts as the Gamma accelerator powers up to blast you with superhuman strength.
From there, you’ll step into an entirely new ride vehicle, which features a brand new, in-seat audio system that booms an original ride score created by Patrick Stump, front man for the internationally-renowned rock band Fall Out Boy.
Universal also released a video showing the new Hulk Coaster vehicle:
And here is a video showing the new details, along with interviews with show producer Neil Engel:
The Incredible Hulk Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure re-opens in late summer 2016. We’ll let you know when we get an exact date.
Are you excited to try out the new and improved version of the coaster?
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020