STK Orlando has officially opened its doors at Disney Springs, and on Tuesday night, CitySurfing Orlando was invited to the Grand Opening Party.
This location, the 11th for the brand, is the largest with over 14,000-sq-ft. and seating on two levels. the first floor features a lounge area, bar, a seated dining area, and a private dining room that can seat 12. Lighting is dim, and a DJ is stationed here, too.
Upstairs, with access by stairs or elevator, is more dining area, another bar, and two outdoor patios. The largest features views of the new Town Center section, as well as an alcove with a fire pit. A small door near the pit leads out to a smaller patio with views of the West Side, and the lake.
There were about 500 invited guests, and while it was packed, it was still possible to move around both levels. I’m not sure how many celebrities attended the opening party, but I did spot pop singer Joey Fatone. Executives from Disney and The ONE Group were also on hand to christen the new location.
We also sampled some of STK’s menu, including Lil’ BRGs, Short Rib, Crispy Rock Shrimp, Tuna Tartare, Creamed Corn, and Chili-Rubbed Lamb Chops. The food was good, with my faves being the burgers/brgs (though one was a little too pink for me), the short rib bites, and the corn, which came in little pots.
STK Orlando Executive Chef, James O’Donnell, says he plans to source ingredients from Florida-based farms whenever possible, especially seasonal fruits, produce and seafood. He also said about twenty-percent of STK Orlando’s menu will be exclusive to the Disney Springs location, including items such as Florida grouper, seared tuna and the chili rubbed rack of lamb.
Three STK signature cocktails were served to the crowd – the Cucumber Stiletto, Not Your Daddy’s Manhattan and Smokeshow. Of course, we had to try all three. I think my fave was the Stiletto, made with Ketel One Citron, St, Germain, and Cucumber. It was not too sweet and the lightest of the three.
Overall, I think STK Orlando brings something new to both Disney and Orlando. An upscale place to grab a meal, which then becomes a lounge in the evening, providing some much needed nightlife to Disney Springs.
Today through May 30th, STK Orlando will only be offering a dinner menu from 5pm to 11pm nightly. Starting May 31st, they will begin offering a lunch menu, as well, from 11:30am to 3:30pm. I haven’t seen either of the menus, so I don’t know how different they are.
For reservations, call 407.917.7440 or book online at stkhouse.com. I suggest parking at the Orange garage, by the theaters, for easiest access. Valet parking is also available in that location.
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023