The first portion of Town Center at Disney Springs will open today, Sunday, May 15, and one of the new tenants will be Sprinkles, known worldwide for their cupcakes.
I was recently invited to a media preview of the shop, and I can tell you this place is going to be a favorite among guests.
The first thing you see when you walk in are shelves of delcious and eye-catching cupcakes. Sprinkles offers 16 flavors, including a rotating seasonal flavor, and red velvet in regular, gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan. Select flavors are available in mini-cupcake size, as well.
The baked goods area includes six flavors of cookies, including a gluten-free chocolate chip, too.
All are baked fresh daily, and all food items not sold by the end of the day are donated to A Grateful Mind, a nonprofit organization working to feed the homeless in Central Florida and provide programs for the area’s youth.
In addition to baked goods, Sprinkles offers 13 ice cream flavors. including a vegan Mango Sorbet. While they have traditional flavors such as vanilla bean, strawberry, and butter pecan, I decided to try an unusual flavor – Cap’n’Crunch (above left), featuring actual pieces of the cereal. It was so good, and hey, it counts as breakfast, right?
I decided to be decadent, and also had Red Velvet ice cream (above right), featuring Red Velvet cupcake pieces, in a Red Velvet waffle cone. Oh yeah, I went there.
Other bloggers had a Sprinkles sundae, featuring a scoop of ice cream, in their flavor choice, with a frosted cupcake topper. There are eleven other toppings and sauces to add to the sundae.
The ice cream flavors can also be made into shakes, malts, floats, and ice cream sandwiches (with either cupcake tops or cookies).
Suffice it to say it will take you several visits to work your way through the menu. But that’s ok, because Sprinkles also as a loyalty program that offers rewards based on the number of times you visit. It’s free to sign up for, and if you do so before visiting the first time, you’ll get a free cupcake. Head on over to sprinkles.com/perks for details and sign up form.
Sprinkles is open daily from 10am to midnight, but you can get a cupcake from the Cupcake ATM to the right of the entrance from 8am to 2am. There is limited seating on an outdoor patio.
The Disney Springs location is the 20th for the brand, and it feature’s the brand’s 12th Cupcake ATM. It’s located in the new Town Springs area of Disney Springs, across the bridge from Morimoto Asia and Raglan Road. For more information, visit sprinkles.com.
Welcome to Orlando, Sprinkles! We’re happy to have you here!
[Disclaimer: I was invited to this media preview. As always, all opinions are my own and honest.]
- Huey Magoo’s to Grand Open in Downtown Orlando August 17, 2022 .. #HueyMagoos #OrlandoFoodies #DowntownOrlando - August 16, 2022
- SeaWorld Orlando Issues Challenge for National Roller Coaster Day Aug. 16 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #RollerCoasters #NationalRollerCoasterDay - August 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando To Host Passholder Appreciation Days Aug 15 – Sept 30, 2022 .. #UniversalOrlando #UOAP #PassholderAppreciationDays - August 12, 2022
- ‘Sip And Savor’ Highlights Orlando Restaurants And Bars Aug 8-21, 2022 .. #SipandSavorOTown #Foodies #EatLocal - August 8, 2022
- SeaWorld Orlando Craft Beer Festival Returns Starting Aug 5, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #CraftBeer #Orlando - August 4, 2022
- Brightline Construction Road Closures for August 2022 .. #Brightline #Orlando - August 3, 2022
- Museum of Illusions Orlando Hosting Back-To-School Giveaway Aug 1-7, 2022 .. #MuseumofIllusions #MOIOrlando #ICONPark - July 31, 2022
- Bites & Bubbles Kicks Off Happy Hour August 1, 2022 .. #BitesandBubbles #HappyHour #OrlandoHappyHours - July 30, 2022
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns July 25-Aug 7, 2022 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool #FloridaSchools - July 24, 2022
- MagicBand+ Launches at Walt Disney World July 27 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #MagicBandPlus - July 21, 2022