Mango’s is a name synonymous with Miami South Beach nightlife, and about six months ago, it opened an outpost in Orlando.
Located on International Drive, just south of Sand Lake Rd, within walking distance of the Orlando Eye, Mango’s Orlando operates as a family-friendly restaurant serving up Latin-inspired cuisine.
Earlier this month, I joined several other bloggers for a pre-Cinco de Mayo party, to check out the food, drinks, and atmosphere.
We arrived around 6pm, and sampled several appetizers, including chicken lollipops, pizza, and my favorite, empanadas. The pizza was interesting in that instead of a tomato sauce base, it was a garlic-butter base. It was a little too garlicky for me after a slice, but I enjoyed that it had plenty of cheese and other toppings.
But Mango’s at night is a party place, so I tried out a few of the drinks. The first was Mango’s Voli Mojito, made with Voli mango-coconut fusion vodka, mint leaves, lime juice, & a splash of soda, topped with Island Oasis Mango. So delicious! It was like a pina colada and a mojito all-in-one. Voli Vodka is a privately held vodka company that musician Pitbull is a shareholder and ambassador for, and it partnered with Mango’s to unveil the special branded mango and coconut flavored vodka.
At 7pm the nightly dinner show started, and it was comprised of several parts: female dancers, male dancers, a full band, a DJ, and a Michael Jackson tribute. These parts switched out every 15 minutes or so, creating a family-friendly party atmosphere.
After the third set of the Michael Jackson tribute (which is really good!), I decided to try another drink off the menu. The Georgia Peach margarita was calling to me, a blend of Avion silver tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and Island Oasis Peach. Never had a peach margarita before, but I would definitely order this again in the future.
Once the evening gets to 10pm, the atmosphere becomes more club-like, with servers dancing on the bar. Since we were there mid-week, there was plenty of room on the dance floor, but I’m told on weekends, the place is packed, with lines around the building to get in.
Sunday through Thursday, there is no cover to get in. Fridays and Saturdays, cover starts at 9pm at $10, and goes up to $20 from 11pm to 2am, when Mango’s closes. There are bars surrounding the main floor area, including behind the stage, and there is also a bar on the second level, so even when there is a large crowd, there are plenty of places to grab a drink.
I would say Mango’s Orlando has successfully brought the South Beach party vibe to I-Drive, and is worth checking out if you’re looking for something different in the Orlando nightlife scene.
Mango’s Orlando is located at 8126 International Drive (look for all the neon). You can also find more information online at mango.com/orlando.
Disclaimer: I was hosted for the evening by Mango’s for purpose of review. As always, my opinions are my own, and honest.
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021