Tutto Italia, the fine dining Italian restaurant at Epcot, is launching a special prix fixe three-course lunch from May 3 through August 31.
The restaurant is set within the Italian Pavilion at the back of Epcot’s World Showcase, and on a sunny weekday afternoon I joined several other bloggers and media to learn about this new lunch, as well as sample a few dishes.
For $27 guests can enjoy a meal consisting of an appetizer an entree and a dessert. The meal also includes a choice of soft drink or iced tea.
There are four appetizers to choose from:
- Antipasto (sopressata, finocchiona, roasted peppers, ovolini mozzarella)Antipasto (sopressata, finocchiona, roasted peppers, ovolini mozzarella)
- Insalata Mista (endive, arugula, radicchio, white asparagus, radish, balsamic vinaigrette)
- Caprese (fior di latte mozzarella, tomato, basil, extra virgin olive oil)
- Minestrone (spring vegetables, pancetta, pastina)
For my appetizer I chose the Caprese salad comprised of three thick slices of tomato interspersed with slices of fresh mozzarella and a drizzle of olive oil on top. It was a simple salad full of fresh flavor, and it set the tone for what was to be a delightful Italian meal. For the tasting, it was paired with a Montegrande Pinot Bianco wine.
There are also four entrees to choose from:
- Scaloppine di Pollo (chicken scaloppini, cremini mushrooms, marsala sauce)
- Filetto di Sogliola (parmesan encrusted filet of sole, spring mix salad, citrus vinaigrette)
- Caesar Salad (romaine wedge, chicken, olive crostini, shaved parmesan)
- Spaghetti (beef and veal meatballs, pomodoro sauce)
For my entree I went with the spaghetti and meatballs. Let’s be honest it’s really hard to mess up a spaghetti and meatballs dish and Tutto Italia did not disappoint with their version. It had the right ratio of sauce to pasta, and a liberal sprinkle of grated Parmesan on top brought it all together. For the tasting, it was paired with a Bosco del Merlo Vineargenti red wine.
For dessert, guests can choose from three Italian classics:
- Gelati (chocolate, vanilla, stracciatella)
I actually got to try a little sample of each, as we were moved to the adjoining Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar. The sweets were paired with a delicious Fior d’Arancio Moscato. I’ve always been a fan of Moscato wines, and this was a nice way to cap the event.
I think $27 for a quality lunch like this at an Epcot restaurant is a very good price, and a great way to try out this restaurant. I will definitely be back to try a few other combinations on the prix fixe menu.
Reservations can be made online at disneyworld.com or by phone at 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463). It should be noted park admission into Epcot is required to dine at this restaurant.
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019