Tutto Italia, the fine dining Italian restaurant at Epcot, is launching a special prix fixe three-course lunch from May 3 through August 31.
The restaurant is set within the Italian Pavilion at the back of Epcot’s World Showcase, and on a sunny weekday afternoon I joined several other bloggers and media to learn about this new lunch, as well as sample a few dishes.
For $27 guests can enjoy a meal consisting of an appetizer an entree and a dessert. The meal also includes a choice of soft drink or iced tea.
There are four appetizers to choose from:
- Antipasto (sopressata, finocchiona, roasted peppers, ovolini mozzarella)Antipasto (sopressata, finocchiona, roasted peppers, ovolini mozzarella)
- Insalata Mista (endive, arugula, radicchio, white asparagus, radish, balsamic vinaigrette)
- Caprese (fior di latte mozzarella, tomato, basil, extra virgin olive oil)
- Minestrone (spring vegetables, pancetta, pastina)
For my appetizer I chose the Caprese salad comprised of three thick slices of tomato interspersed with slices of fresh mozzarella and a drizzle of olive oil on top. It was a simple salad full of fresh flavor, and it set the tone for what was to be a delightful Italian meal. For the tasting, it was paired with a Montegrande Pinot Bianco wine.
There are also four entrees to choose from:
- Scaloppine di Pollo (chicken scaloppini, cremini mushrooms, marsala sauce)
- Filetto di Sogliola (parmesan encrusted filet of sole, spring mix salad, citrus vinaigrette)
- Caesar Salad (romaine wedge, chicken, olive crostini, shaved parmesan)
- Spaghetti (beef and veal meatballs, pomodoro sauce)
For my entree I went with the spaghetti and meatballs. Let’s be honest it’s really hard to mess up a spaghetti and meatballs dish and Tutto Italia did not disappoint with their version. It had the right ratio of sauce to pasta, and a liberal sprinkle of grated Parmesan on top brought it all together. For the tasting, it was paired with a Bosco del Merlo Vineargenti red wine.
For dessert, guests can choose from three Italian classics:
- Gelati (chocolate, vanilla, stracciatella)
I actually got to try a little sample of each, as we were moved to the adjoining Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar. The sweets were paired with a delicious Fior d’Arancio Moscato. I’ve always been a fan of Moscato wines, and this was a nice way to cap the event.
I think $27 for a quality lunch like this at an Epcot restaurant is a very good price, and a great way to try out this restaurant. I will definitely be back to try a few other combinations on the prix fixe menu.
Reservations can be made online at disneyworld.com or by phone at 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463). It should be noted park admission into Epcot is required to dine at this restaurant.
- Nickelodeon’s JoJo Siwa brings D.R.E.A.M. The Tour to AMALIE Arena in Tampa May 2020 .. @AMALIEArena @Nickelodeon #JoJoDREAMTour - November 20, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Unveils New Florida Prepaid Schoolhouse With College Scholarship Giveaway .. @LEGOLANDFlorida - November 19, 2019
- 4th Annual Florida Tiny House Festival Comes to Orlando November 22-24 .. @UnitedTinyHouse - November 18, 2019
- Out and About: Mia’s Italian Kitchen on I-Drive Adds Bottomless Dining Option to Menu .. @MiasItalian_Orl - November 17, 2019
- Aquatica Orlando Announces Florida’s First Dueling Water Slide to Debut in 2020 .. @AquaticaOrlando #RiptideRace - November 15, 2019
- Festival of Trees Turns Orlando Museum of Art Into Winter Wonderland Nov 16-24, 2019 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees - November 14, 2019
- Annie Russell Theatre at Rollins College Presents ‘Private Lies: Improvised Film Noir’ Nov 15-23 .. @rollinscollege #OrlandoArts - November 12, 2019
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019