After months of rumors and speculation, Guns N’ Roses have announced a summer stadium tour that will include one Florida stop at the Orlando Citrus Bowl on July 29.
The Not In This Lifetime tour will feature founder and vocalist Axl Rose, along with former original members guitarist Slash, and bassist Duff McKagan.
Guns N’ Roses are one of the most influential acts in music history. They broke big with their 1987 debut Appetite for Destruction, selling over 30 million copies globally and offering up singles like “Welcome to the Jungle” and “Sweet Child O’ Mine.” The success of the debut was followed by the eight-song album GN’R Lies (1988) which reached number two on the Billboard 200.
In 1991, Guns N’ Roses went big, releasing the twin albums Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II at the same time, which debuted at number one and two on the Billboard charts. The two albums spent 108 weeks on the charts, helped by singles like “Don’t Cry” and “November Rain.”
In the years following, including the release of 1993’s covers album, The Spaghetti Incident, tensions in the band caused member departures. Various line-ups occurred within the band, and in 2008, an Axl-led Guns N’ Roses released their sixth studio album, Chinese Democracy.
Fast forward to late 2015, when a teaser video was released annoucing a “reunited” line-up would headline Coachella 2016. Over the course of the next few weeks, it was confirmed that Slash and Duff McKagan would rejoin with Axl Rose for not only this show, but an actual summer tour.
This weekend, the band played a not-so-secret secret show at the Troubadour in West Hollywood, California, which went over very well with the fans – some of whom waited up to 11 hours in line to get tickets.
For this show, Axl, Slash, and Duff were joined by guitarist Richard Fortus, drummer Frank Ferrer, and keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Melissa Reese. No word if that will be the touring line-up.
Tickets for the Orlando Citrus Bowl are priced $60.50 – $250 (plus tax/service fees). From the seating chart, it looks like the stadium set-up will include a general admission pit in front of the stage.
Members of Nightrain, the official GN’R fan club, will be notified via email with an early pre-sale opportunity.
A Citi® cardmember pre-sale begins today, April 4 at 10am, and goes through April 7 at 10pm, via Citi’s Private Pass® Program at cityprivatepass.com.
Tickets for the general public go on sale Friday, April 8, at 10am, via livenation.com.
For more information on the tour visit gunsnroses.com.
To get you in the mood for the show, here is a video clip from that Troubadour show Friday, April 1, showing the band tearing through the song that started it all – “Welcome to the Jungle”:
And a clip from their 2012 Vegas residency of “Chinese Democracy”:
- Tame Impala Announces Rescheduled Orlando Tour Date at Amway Center for 2021 .. @AmwayCenter @TameImpala - October 19, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Celebrates 9th Birthday with Special Pass Pricing and Peek at 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #ThemeParkNews - October 16, 2020
- Central Florida Zoo wins AZA award for the Urban Wildlife Information Network .. @CentralFLZoo @CitySanfordFL #CFLAttractions - October 15, 2020
- Out and About: Bottomless Brunching at Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando .. @CafeTuTuTangoFL #OrlandoBrunch #OrlandoRestaurants - October 14, 2020
- Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Gideon’s Bakehouse Collaborate for National Dessert Day Oct 14 .. #OrlandoIceCream #OrlandoBakery - October 13, 2020
- I-Drive Businesses Form Orlando Entertainment District .. #IDrive #LoveOrlando @IDriveFun - October 13, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For October 12, 2020: Sonny’s BBQ, The New Standard, Tapa Toro, Orlando Meats, Rokka’s Market, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - October 12, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Offers Brevard County Resident Discount Oct 12-18 .. #BrevardCounty @ExploreSpaceKSC #LoveFL - October 10, 2020
- Brick or Treat Returns to LEGOLAND Florida For Family Friendly Halloween Fun .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #BrickorTreat #BuiltForKids #LoveFL - October 7, 2020
- Broadway in Orlando 20/21 Season Delayed Until April 2021 at Dr. Phillips Center .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - October 6, 2020