My husband, Kirk, grew up in South America. As a result, we eat a conglomeration of food styles. When we heard of a new place opening in Dr Phillips, we had to try it.
The Pincho Factory offers pinchos (meat on a stick) as well as burgers and other sandwiches. The pinchos come as steak, shrimp, or chicken.
First, choose your base for the pincho: in a pita wrap, over a bowl of rice, or over a salad. Then choose your style: California, Latin, Mediterranean, and Fresco to name a few. You can then add a pincho to a bowl, or order one all by itself.
Kirk had the shrimp pincho on a rice bowl, Latin style with black beans, “the mix” (lettuce, tomato, cucumber), and cilantro sauce. I added a steak pincho to his bowl for us to share.
Our daughter ordered a Pincho Burger which comes topped with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, American cheese, potato sticks, and pink sauce.
Our son ordered a Cartel Dog hot dog (chopped bacon, cheddar cheese, mango sauce, potato sticks, pink sauce).
I ordered a rice bowl, shrimp pincho in the California style (lettuce, tomatoes, mandarin oranges, sliced almonds, dried cranberries, gorgonzola cheese, mango sauce).
The bowls are a good size. I enjoyed that I had a bit of salad in the bowl with my shrimp. The California style was light, yet I was full when I was done. I didn’t quite finish all the rice even. Our daughter said her burger was really good. This was not a small burger either, it is a good size. The beef is of high quality and you can taste it in the burgers. She ate the entire thing! Kirk said the Latin bowl was good, but could have used more cilantro sauce. When he said that, I agreed that mine could have used a bit more as well. They seemed to be a bit stingy with the sauces, in our opinion. Our son, was excited to try the hot dog he ordered. He asked for it without the sauces. He was happy with it when it came and said it tasted really good. I did not have a chance to try either of the kids meals.
We also ordered an order of the Bacon Cheddar Ranch Fries, and an order of the Sweet Potato Tots. The tots were quite tasty, but very typical of restaurant tator tots. We did not try the apple butter that is available for an added price. The other fries were a bit disappointing. Some of the fries were cold by the time it made it to our table. And again, a bit stingy with the sauces. I doubt we would order them again.
They serve Pepsi products, and have the new Pepsi SPIRE dispenser. They also have some craft beers, and make their own, 627 Ale. The staff was very friendly, smiling, and helpful, even though they were busy. They work hard, so remember to tip them. The atmosphere is modern, and it’s minimalistic. It’s a small space, so the tables fill up quickly.
Overall, it’s possible that we will go there again. They have a couple chicken sandwiches that sound interesting. And the other styles would be good to try as well. Parking is a small issue as they are in a busy shopping center.
Pincho Factory is located at 7600 Dr. Phillips Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819. Their phone 407.745.4462.
- Out and About: The Big Bounce America Tour is Fun for All Ages .. @TheBigBounceUSA - October 24, 2019
- Out and About: The Holy Land Experience Debuts New Show ‘David: King of Jerusalem’ .. #HolyLandExp #WhereTheTrueHeroesLive - September 30, 2019
- Out and About: ‘Tuck Everlasting: The Musical’ at The Orlando REP .. @OrlandoREP - September 28, 2019
- Out and About: Disney On Ice Brings Road Trip Adventures to Orlando - September 8, 2019
- Out and About: Nona Adventure Park Opens in Orlando @Nona_Adventure - March 30, 2019
- Out and About: Monster Jam in 2019 is Better Than Ever! - January 15, 2019
- Out and About: Maker Faire Orlando 2018 Was a Fun Family Weekend - November 15, 2018
- Out and About: LEGOLAND Florida’s Brick or Treat Offers Family-Friendly Spooky Fun - October 13, 2018
- Out and About: Catching the Premiere of Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party - September 10, 2018
- Out and About: Monster Jam Triple Threat at the Amway Center was Fun for the Whole Family - August 20, 2018