Alaskan-born chanteuse Jewel will be bringing her current Picking Up the Pieces tour to Central Florida in March for two shows in Orlando and Clearwater.
The singer-songwriter-actress-author first broke on the music scene in 1995, with her debut album Pieces of You. The album had several hit singles, including “Who Will Save Your Soul,” “You Were Meant for Me,” and “Foolish Games,” and went on to become one of the best-selling debuts of all time.
Since then, she has released several more albums, pushing both genre boundaries, and her own musical ones, and accruing more chart hits from singles like “Hands,” “Standing Still,” and “Intuition.”
Along the way, she branched out into TV and Film, both as an actress (1999’s Ride With the Devil and 2013’s Ring of Fire) and as a reality show judge (“Nashville Star,” “The Sing-Off”). She also became an author including a book of poetry titled A Night Without Armor in 1998, and her recent memoir Never Broken: Songs Are Only Half the Story in 2015.
Also released in 2015 was her newest album, Picking Up The Pieces, Jewel’s first album of new music in five years:
“It was the time in my life to do this,” the music icon says bluntly, reflecting on her decision to record and produce Picking Up The Pieces, a self-described return to the territory explored on Pieces of You. “It’s something I needed for myself.”
Her tour showcases songs off her newest release, as well as hits spanning her 12 studio albums, and includes stories from her life and memoir woven in.
The first show is on Saturday, March 12, at the Hard Rock Live at Universal Orlando CityWalk. Tickets are $50 for main floor reserved seating and $75 for the first two rows reserved. You can purchase your tickets online at hardrock.com or at the venue box office.
The following night, Sunday, March 13, Jewel will perform at the Capitol Theatre in Clearwater. Tickets for that show range from $65 to $90, and can be purchased online at rutheckerdhall.com or at the venue box office.
To learn more about Jewel, visit jeweljk.com.
To get you in the mood for the shows, here is a sneak peek at the songs on Picking Up the Pieces:
And the song that started it all:
[Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. It doesn’t add anything to your purchase price but helps me keep this site running. Thanks!]
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 28, 2020: Pie-Fection, Git-N-Messy BBQ, Papa Llama, Chicken Fire, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 28, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Hosts ‘Launch and a Movie’ Sept 29 .. #KSCVC #SpaceX @ExploreSpaceKSC - September 27, 2020
- Virginia Drive Live! Returns to Orlando September 26 .. #VirginaDriveLive #OrlandoEvents - September 23, 2020
- Orlando Weekly’s Taco Week Offers $5 Taco Deals Sept 23-Oct 7 .. #TacoWeek #Foodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 22, 2020
- 18th Annual Global Peace Film Festival Goes Virtual Sept 21-Oct 4 .. #GPFF2020 #PeaceFilmFest #OrlandoArts - September 21, 2020
- Melrose Film Festival 2020 is Free Online Sept 18 – 27 .. #MelroseCenter #OrlandoArts - September 18, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s Sip, Savor, & Stay Saturdays Kicks Off September 19 .. #SwanDolphin #Foodies - September 16, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020