Tijuana Flats has launched a new campaign promising to “Give You the Bird” with their new turkey offerings, and last week we attended a blogger event to sample the bird.
After a welcome basket of chips accompanied by a trio of salsa, queso, and guacamole, we were offered a sample of their tostada with the new turkey. It was very tasty, seasoned similar to their ground beef offerings, but a bit softer in texture – not as crumbly as the beef.
We then tasted the ground turkey in the Norrito Bowl, which is basically a burrito without the tortilla wrap, so it’s lower in calories and carbs. I really liked it as a norito, and thought it would even make a nice dip with tortilla chips (ok, so that brings the calories back up, but I like my chips).
We also tries a few other customer favorites like the chicken flautas, beef and fish soft shell tacos, and the dessert offering of cookie-dough flautas with chocolate dipping sauce. It was all delicious…but then I’ve never tasted anything at Tijuana Flats I’ve hated.
As we ate, we were informed that the ground turkey meat was a healthier, lower calorie, leaner meat option that was available through the end of February at all of its locations. It may be added permanently to the menu in the future, if they get a good enough response from the customers.
So go in and let them give you the bird by asking for the ground turkey instead of your normal meat protein. For more information, visit tijuanaflats.com.
[Disclaimer: I was an invited guest to this blogger tasting of the new ground turkey options. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.]
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018
- MidiCi Kissimmee Hosts #IHeartMidiCi Charity Pizza Drive During Feb 2018 - February 14, 2018
- 140th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 16-18 #silverspursrodeo - February 12, 2018
- Breaking: Walt Disney World Raises Ticket, Pass, and Parking Prices Effective Feb 11, 2018 - February 11, 2018
- Monster Energy Supercross comes to Tampa Feb. 24 + Discount Ticket Code - February 11, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Brings New Show VOLTA to Tampa Feb 14-Mar 18, 2018 - February 10, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 9, 2018: Pizza Ponte, Lucky’s Market, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, and More - February 9, 2018