On Friday night (Feb 19), I took my kids to the Silver Spurs Rodeo at the Silver Spurs Arena at Osceola Heritage Park. This is a great family event and I do recommend getting there earlier, rather than later. It was a nearly sold out event on Friday.
Cowboy / cowgirl clothing is not required, but if you need to add some to your wardrobe, there are vendors there selling hats, belts and buckles, among other things.
This year there are calf roping, bronco riding, bull riding experts from all over the USA and Canada. These are some talented and tough folks to do what they do. Not something I will ever do, nor even attempt, thank you. You have to stay on the animal, horse or bull, for 8 seconds. That must seem like an eternity. It is not done without injury, however, and I hope that the injuries are not serious.
The girls were thrilled to meet and have their picture taken with Rodeo Queens from all around the USA. It’s always exciting to meet royalty, and these ladies do a fine job of representing the rodeo!
This event is truly a fun time that is great for families. It is not the same event as last year. The Wild Child moto segment was cute. It helped to break up sections, and was a nice change of pace.
If you’d like to check it out for yourself (and I recommend you do), the Silver Spurs Rodeo has more shows this weekend on both Saturday, February 20 and Sunday, February 21.
Tickets are $15 per person at the box office, and kids 10 and under are free with an adult ticket purchase. As a bonus, your tickets are good for admission to the Osceola County Fair next door that also runs through Sunday, February 21. The two events really do go great together.
For more information, visit silverspursrodeo.com.
- Out and About: Nona Adventure Park Opens in Orlando @Nona_Adventure - March 30, 2019
- Out and About: Monster Jam in 2019 is Better Than Ever! - January 15, 2019
- Out and About: Maker Faire Orlando 2018 Was a Fun Family Weekend - November 15, 2018
- Out and About: LEGOLAND Florida’s Brick or Treat Offers Family-Friendly Spooky Fun - October 13, 2018
- Out and About: Catching the Premiere of Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party - September 10, 2018
- Out and About: Monster Jam Triple Threat at the Amway Center was Fun for the Whole Family - August 20, 2018
- Out and About: Monster Jam is Coming to Orlando Jan 20 and We Previewed It In Tampa - January 16, 2018
- Out and About: Marvel Universe LIVE! Age of Heroes at the Amway Center is Fun For the Whole Family - January 13, 2018
- New #Wawa Opens on Central Florida Parkway in Orlando - December 14, 2017
- Out and About: Christmas Bricktacular Returns to LEGOland Florida! - December 8, 2017