Orlando Shakespeare Theater in Partnership with UCF will hold its 8th Annual John R. Hamilton Mock Trial on Tuesday, March 15.
Hailed as live theater meets Judge Judy, the Mock Trial assembles a panel of celebrity judges to hear a case based on one of the season’s Signature Series productions and argued by notable attorneys in Central Florida.
This year Mother Nature will be put on trial for the havoc she’s wrought on the characters in two of Shakespeare’s current productions, The Tempest (playing February 10 – March 27, 2016) and The Adventures of Pericles (playing February 24 – March 26, 2016).
The Margeson Theater will transform into an interactive courtroom as actors from both shows improv their way through the trial amidst a panel of celebrity judges, including Scott Maxwell (Orlando Sentinel “Taking Names” Columnist), Belvin Perry, Jr. (Attorney at Morgan & Morgan), Phil Rawlins (Founder and President of Orlando City Soccer Club), Cynthia Schmidt (Director of UCF’s Center for Law and Policy), and Julie Wolf (Senior Private Banker SVP at Wells Fargo).
Kimberly A. Ashby, Partner at Akerman Senterfitt LLP, and Nicholas A. Shannin Esq. of The Shannin Law Firm, return as advocates.
The public event also includes an opportunity to mingle with leading members of Central Florida’s legal, business, and artistic communities in a pre-show VIP cocktail hour. Starting at 6pm, all VIP ticket holders are invited to enjoy complimentary light hors d’oeuvres and beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Tickets for the production are $15-$20, or $35 for VIP, and are available at orlandoshakes.org, by phone at 407.447.1700 ext 1, or at the box office at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 E. Rollins St).
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023