Orlando Shakespeare Theater in Partnership with UCF will hold its 8th Annual John R. Hamilton Mock Trial on Tuesday, March 15.
Hailed as live theater meets Judge Judy, the Mock Trial assembles a panel of celebrity judges to hear a case based on one of the season’s Signature Series productions and argued by notable attorneys in Central Florida.
This year Mother Nature will be put on trial for the havoc she’s wrought on the characters in two of Shakespeare’s current productions, The Tempest (playing February 10 – March 27, 2016) and The Adventures of Pericles (playing February 24 – March 26, 2016).
The Margeson Theater will transform into an interactive courtroom as actors from both shows improv their way through the trial amidst a panel of celebrity judges, including Scott Maxwell (Orlando Sentinel “Taking Names” Columnist), Belvin Perry, Jr. (Attorney at Morgan & Morgan), Phil Rawlins (Founder and President of Orlando City Soccer Club), Cynthia Schmidt (Director of UCF’s Center for Law and Policy), and Julie Wolf (Senior Private Banker SVP at Wells Fargo).
Kimberly A. Ashby, Partner at Akerman Senterfitt LLP, and Nicholas A. Shannin Esq. of The Shannin Law Firm, return as advocates.
The public event also includes an opportunity to mingle with leading members of Central Florida’s legal, business, and artistic communities in a pre-show VIP cocktail hour. Starting at 6pm, all VIP ticket holders are invited to enjoy complimentary light hors d’oeuvres and beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Tickets for the production are $15-$20, or $35 for VIP, and are available at orlandoshakes.org, by phone at 407.447.1700 ext 1, or at the box office at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 E. Rollins St).
- Florida Hurricane Supplies Sales Tax Holiday Runs May 29-June 4, 2020 - May 25, 2020
- NBA in Talks with Walt Disney World to Restart Season in Orlando .. #NBA #WWoS #ESPN #WaltDisneyWorld - May 24, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Plans to Reopen June 1 .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #Reopening #PirateIslandHotel - May 23, 2020
- Universal Orlando Submits Plan to Reopen Parks in June .. #UniversalOrlando #Reopening - May 21, 2020
- Seminole State’s Emil Buehler Planetarium to be Part of Free Nationwide Star Party May 22, 2020 .. #StarParty #LiveStreaming #SeminoleState - May 20, 2020
- Orlando Music Community Leaders Band Together for ORLANDO MUSIC CARES Benefit May 25, 2020 .. #OrlandoMusicCares #LocalMusic #CharityEvents - May 19, 2020
- Disney Springs Reopens May 20 – What You Need to Know .. #DisneySprings #Reopening #WaltDisneyWorld - May 18, 2020
- Orlando Restaurants Opening for Limited Dine-In Service This Weekend .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies #DineIn - May 16, 2020
- ICON Park’s Madame Tussauds and SEA LIFE Aquarium to Reopen Today .. #ICONPark #MadameTussaudsOrlando #SeaLifeOrlando - May 15, 2020
- Universal Orlando Reopening CityWalk May 14 for Limited Operations .. #UniversalOrlando #UniversalCityWalk #ThemeParks - May 14, 2020