Orlando Shakespeare Theater in Partnership with UCF will hold its 8th Annual John R. Hamilton Mock Trial on Tuesday, March 15.
Hailed as live theater meets Judge Judy, the Mock Trial assembles a panel of celebrity judges to hear a case based on one of the season’s Signature Series productions and argued by notable attorneys in Central Florida.
This year Mother Nature will be put on trial for the havoc she’s wrought on the characters in two of Shakespeare’s current productions, The Tempest (playing February 10 – March 27, 2016) and The Adventures of Pericles (playing February 24 – March 26, 2016).
The Margeson Theater will transform into an interactive courtroom as actors from both shows improv their way through the trial amidst a panel of celebrity judges, including Scott Maxwell (Orlando Sentinel “Taking Names” Columnist), Belvin Perry, Jr. (Attorney at Morgan & Morgan), Phil Rawlins (Founder and President of Orlando City Soccer Club), Cynthia Schmidt (Director of UCF’s Center for Law and Policy), and Julie Wolf (Senior Private Banker SVP at Wells Fargo).
Kimberly A. Ashby, Partner at Akerman Senterfitt LLP, and Nicholas A. Shannin Esq. of The Shannin Law Firm, return as advocates.
The public event also includes an opportunity to mingle with leading members of Central Florida’s legal, business, and artistic communities in a pre-show VIP cocktail hour. Starting at 6pm, all VIP ticket holders are invited to enjoy complimentary light hors d’oeuvres and beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Tickets for the production are $15-$20, or $35 for VIP, and are available at orlandoshakes.org, by phone at 407.447.1700 ext 1, or at the box office at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 E. Rollins St).
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019
- Lockheed Martin Space and Air Show Tickets On Sale Nov 10 for 2020 Show .. @SpaceandAirShow - November 9, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Announces Special Veterans Day 2019 Offer .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #VeteransDay - November 8, 2019
- Country Thunder Returns to Kissimmee in 2020 with All-Star Line-Up .. @CountryThunder - November 7, 2019
- College Park JazzFest Returns with Great Sounds, Food, and More November 9, 2019 .. #CollegeParkJazzed - November 6, 2019
- Out and About: Dr. Phillips Center Fall Arts Classes – The Beginning .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoArts - November 5, 2019
- Time to Get Your DIY On At Maker Faire Orlando November 9-10, 2019 .. #OrlandoMakers - November 2, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events For November 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - November 1, 2019