Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks are now open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom near Mt. Everest.
The Trek Snacks menu offers pastries in the morning, such as assorted muffins and Danish, croissants and an indulgent chocolate twist.
It then offers more substantial snacks, sushi and sandwiches in the afternoon and evening. Nosh on healthy snacks like fresh fruit, crudité and hummus, edamame and an Asian noodle salad, or grab a sandwich like the Bahn Mi(roasted pork topped with pickled vegetables, cilantro and sriracha dressing), Som Tam (Thai shrimp, green papaya salad, crushed peanuts and chilis), or Smoked Turkey.
At the neighboring Thirst River Bar, enjoy specialty cocktails like the Khumbu Icefall (guava rum blended with coconut and raspberry puree), Himalayan Ghost (Snow Leopard vodka, guava, and Odwalla lemonade) and the Durbar Margarita.
Or go non-alcoholic with the Flying Yak (mango puree blended with coconut water and pineapple juice) and the Pink Lotus (strawberry puree, lychee and Odwalla lemonade).
I like the healthy options for theme park quick dining, and the prices are reasonable. If you get a chance to try this place out, let us know what you think in comments.
[photos courtesy Walt Disney World]
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Halloween 2020 In Central Florida .. #OrlandoHalloween #LoveOrlando - October 23, 2020
- Plaza Live Launches Outdoor ‘Front Porch Concerts’ Series .. #OrlandoArts #PlazaLiveOrlando - October 22, 2020
- Out and About: Burger World Tour Dining at Teak Neighborhood Grill .. #OrlandoRestaurants #DiningReview @TeakOrlando - October 21, 2020
- Tame Impala Announces Rescheduled Orlando Tour Date at Amway Center for 2021 .. @AmwayCenter @TameImpala - October 19, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Celebrates 9th Birthday with Special Pass Pricing and Peek at 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #ThemeParkNews - October 16, 2020
- Central Florida Zoo wins AZA award for the Urban Wildlife Information Network .. @CentralFLZoo @CitySanfordFL #CFLAttractions - October 15, 2020
- Out and About: Bottomless Brunching at Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando .. @CafeTuTuTangoFL #OrlandoBrunch #OrlandoRestaurants - October 14, 2020
- Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Gideon’s Bakehouse Collaborate for National Dessert Day Oct 14 .. #OrlandoIceCream #OrlandoBakery - October 13, 2020
- I-Drive Businesses Form Orlando Entertainment District .. #IDrive #LoveOrlando @IDriveFun - October 13, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For October 12, 2020: Sonny’s BBQ, The New Standard, Tapa Toro, Orlando Meats, Rokka’s Market, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - October 12, 2020