There’s nothing like the roar of monster trucks at the Citrus Bowl to announce a new year has begun in Orlando, and 2016 will be no different when Monster Jam returns Saturday, January 23.
Approximately 12 feet tall and about 12 feet wide, Monster Jam trucks are custom-designed machines that sit atop 66-inch-tall tires and weigh a minimum of 10,000 pounds. Built for short, high-powered bursts of speed, Monster Jam trucks generate 1,500 to 2,000 horsepower and are capable of speeds of up to 100 miles per hour. Monster Jam trucks can fly up to 125 to 130 feet (a distance greater than 14 cars side by side) and up to 35 feet in the air.
Scheduled to appear in Orlando are: Grave Digger driven by Adam Anderson; Lucas Oil Crusader driven by Linsey Weenk; Max-D driven by Tom Meents; El Toro Loco driven by Becky McDonough; Monster Energy driven by Damon Bradshaw; and Soldier Fortune driven by Chad Fortune, and so many more.
Tickets start at only $15 for this family-friendly event, going up to $125 for a Total Access Pass (which includes 1 ticket on the 50 yard line in the first 15 rows, entry into the Party in the Pits, and a private meet & greet with the drivers prior to the show). Don’t wait to get tickets, as they will go up in price the week prior to the show.
In addition to the show, fans can take part in The Party in the Pits starting at 1:30pm day of, where you get a chance to meet the drivers. Beginning January 4, 2016, the public can pick up FREE Pit Passes at participating Southern Ford Dealers while supplies last.
You can also purchace Pit Passes for $10, along with regular tickets, at the Orlando Citrus Bowl box office, online at ticketmaster.com or Charge by Phone at 800-745-3000.
If one Monster Jam isn’t enough, the trucks and their drivers will be rolling into Raymond James Stadium in Tampa a week earlier on Saturday, January 16.
Tickets for Tampa also start at $15, with the Total Access Pass at $125. Pit Passes are free at Tampa-area Southern Ford dealers, or $10 at the Raymond James Stadium box office, ticketmaster.com or charge by phone at (800) 745-3000.
We’ll be at the Raymond James Stadium show, courtesy of Monster Jam and Feld Entertainment, and we’ll report back with all of the highlights.
For more details on the Monster Jam shows in Central Florida, visit monsterjam.com.
- Science of Wine Returns to Orlando Science Center on April 28, 2018 @orlandoscience - April 25, 2018
- Theatre UCF Announces New Pegasus Lab Summer 2018 Productions - April 25, 2018
- Beth McKee and Her Swamp Sistas Launch The La La Summer Hope Virtual Food Drive for 2018 #lalasummer - April 24, 2018
- Thomas D. Jones, PhD and Captain Scott D. Altman Inducted into U. S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® at Kennedy Space Center @ExploreSpaceKSC - April 23, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup April 22, 2018: Krispy Kreme, Susuru, Little Blue Donut Co, and More - April 22, 2018
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Disney’s Animal Kingdom Anniversary Celebration April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Something New is Coming to Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Mamas of The NICU to Host Brunch for NICU Moms at Ace Cafe Orlando May 6, 2018 - April 20, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Extends Seven Seas Food Festival Through April 29 - April 20, 2018
- Sunset Music Festival Returns to Tampa May 26-27, 2018 For 7th Year With Huge EDM Line-Up #SMF2018 - April 19, 2018