After a busy week at IAAPA, I headed over to the other side of the Orange County Convention Center to check out MegaCon Fan Days, a shorter version of the annual MegaCon fan convention that occurred earlier this Spring.
The two days were jam packed with celebrity panels, cosplay, artists booths and more. I spent the majority of my time in the panels, as MegaCon booked several guests that I was interested in seeing.
I heard wonderful stories of filming the Lord of the Rings movies from Billy Boyd (Pippin) and John Rhys-Davies (Gimli), in depth discussions of scenes from Buffy the Vampire Slayer from James Marsters (Spike), stories of working with Joss Whedon on Firefly from Sean Maher (Simon), and behind the scenes stories of filming Sons of Anarchy from Ryan Hurst (Opie).
I posted a lot of photos to my Instagram over the weekend, and was surprised to see this one reposted from Sean:
— Sean Maher (@Sean_M_Maher) November 23, 2015
I also ended up front and center in the crowd shot at the end of James Marsters recap video from the convention:
On Sunday, I headed over to check out the exhibition hall with all of the memorbilia vendors and artist tables. I spent the most time at the artist tables thoroughly geeking out at all of the talent.
I also met a local author, Emilyann Girdner, who had copies of the first two books in her young adult Obsidian Series available for purchase at the table. She was kind enough to autograph The Labyrinth Wall for me, which I’ll be reviewing over at zengrrl.com next month.
I should also mention all of the awesome cosplayers in attendance, dressed as characters from sci-fi, fantasy, and even Disney.
MegaCon was recently acquired by Fan Expo, which produced fan cons in Canada, as well as Dallas, and if this weekend was any indication of what they can do with a fan con, I can’t wait to see the full MegaCon next year. It will return to the Orange County Convention Center May 26-29, 2016. Visit megaconvention.com for more info.
Disclaimer: I was a media guest of MegaCon/Fan Expo. As always, my opinions are honest and my own.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2022 Holiday Events in Central Florida - November 30, 2022
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: SeaWorld Orlando Gives First Look at Ride Vehicle for New ‘Pipeline’ Coaster at IAAPA - November 16, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022