After a busy week at IAAPA, I headed over to the other side of the Orange County Convention Center to check out MegaCon Fan Days, a shorter version of the annual MegaCon fan convention that occurred earlier this Spring.
The two days were jam packed with celebrity panels, cosplay, artists booths and more. I spent the majority of my time in the panels, as MegaCon booked several guests that I was interested in seeing.
I heard wonderful stories of filming the Lord of the Rings movies from Billy Boyd (Pippin) and John Rhys-Davies (Gimli), in depth discussions of scenes from Buffy the Vampire Slayer from James Marsters (Spike), stories of working with Joss Whedon on Firefly from Sean Maher (Simon), and behind the scenes stories of filming Sons of Anarchy from Ryan Hurst (Opie).
I posted a lot of photos to my Instagram over the weekend, and was surprised to see this one reposted from Sean:
— Sean Maher (@Sean_M_Maher) November 23, 2015
I also ended up front and center in the crowd shot at the end of James Marsters recap video from the convention:
On Sunday, I headed over to check out the exhibition hall with all of the memorbilia vendors and artist tables. I spent the most time at the artist tables thoroughly geeking out at all of the talent.
I also met a local author, Emilyann Girdner, who had copies of the first two books in her young adult Obsidian Series available for purchase at the table. She was kind enough to autograph The Labyrinth Wall for me, which I’ll be reviewing over at zengrrl.com next month.
I should also mention all of the awesome cosplayers in attendance, dressed as characters from sci-fi, fantasy, and even Disney.
MegaCon was recently acquired by Fan Expo, which produced fan cons in Canada, as well as Dallas, and if this weekend was any indication of what they can do with a fan con, I can’t wait to see the full MegaCon next year. It will return to the Orange County Convention Center May 26-29, 2016. Visit megaconvention.com for more info.
Disclaimer: I was a media guest of MegaCon/Fan Expo. As always, my opinions are honest and my own.
- Out and About: ‘Ain’t Too Proud’ at Dr. Phillips Center in Orlando .. @AintTooProud @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoArts #BroadwayInOrlando #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 26, 2022
- PirateFest Weekends Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Jan 22, 2022 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PirateFest #BuiltForKids - January 19, 2022
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Music Headliners Announced for 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #GardenRocksConcerts - January 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando Announces Headliner Concerts for Mardi Gras 2022 .. @UniversalORL #UniversalOrlando #MardiGras #OrlandoConcerts - January 14, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021