After a busy week at IAAPA, I headed over to the other side of the Orange County Convention Center to check out MegaCon Fan Days, a shorter version of the annual MegaCon fan convention that occurred earlier this Spring.
The two days were jam packed with celebrity panels, cosplay, artists booths and more. I spent the majority of my time in the panels, as MegaCon booked several guests that I was interested in seeing.
I heard wonderful stories of filming the Lord of the Rings movies from Billy Boyd (Pippin) and John Rhys-Davies (Gimli), in depth discussions of scenes from Buffy the Vampire Slayer from James Marsters (Spike), stories of working with Joss Whedon on Firefly from Sean Maher (Simon), and behind the scenes stories of filming Sons of Anarchy from Ryan Hurst (Opie).
I posted a lot of photos to my Instagram over the weekend, and was surprised to see this one reposted from Sean:
— Sean Maher (@Sean_M_Maher) November 23, 2015
I also ended up front and center in the crowd shot at the end of James Marsters recap video from the convention:
On Sunday, I headed over to check out the exhibition hall with all of the memorbilia vendors and artist tables. I spent the most time at the artist tables thoroughly geeking out at all of the talent.
I also met a local author, Emilyann Girdner, who had copies of the first two books in her young adult Obsidian Series available for purchase at the table. She was kind enough to autograph The Labyrinth Wall for me, which I’ll be reviewing over at zengrrl.com next month.
I should also mention all of the awesome cosplayers in attendance, dressed as characters from sci-fi, fantasy, and even Disney.
MegaCon was recently acquired by Fan Expo, which produced fan cons in Canada, as well as Dallas, and if this weekend was any indication of what they can do with a fan con, I can’t wait to see the full MegaCon next year. It will return to the Orange County Convention Center May 26-29, 2016. Visit megaconvention.com for more info.
Disclaimer: I was a media guest of MegaCon/Fan Expo. As always, my opinions are honest and my own.
- Party for the Planet Returns to Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 20-22, 2019 #EarthDay2019 #PartyforthePlanet - April 17, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Digital Ticket Lottery for Dear Evan Hansen #YouWillBeFound #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - April 12, 2019
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the 2019 Florida Film Festival #FFF2019 - April 11, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events for April 2019 #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - April 7, 2019
- Out and About: CityArts Opens in Historic Roger Kiene Building in Downtown Orlando - March 31, 2019
- Out and About: Tony Roma’s Serves Up Delicious New Classics Menu Through April 28, 2019 @TonyRomas - March 27, 2019
- Orlando Shakes and Michael Andrew Bring to Life the World Premiere of Jack and the Beanstalk April 4 – May 4, 2019 @OrlandoShakes - March 25, 2019
- Walt Disney World Announces A New Pavilion and More Coming to #Epcot - March 24, 2019
- Fun Spot America Announces New Interactive Water Experience Coming to Orlando Park this Summer @FunSpotAmerica - March 20, 2019
- Baby Giraffe Born at #Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reintroduced to Park’s Savanna - March 17, 2019