Light Up UCF, one of Orlando’s annual holiday traditions, starts up this Friday, November 13, 2015, and runs through January 3, 2016.
During the event, the area in and around the CFE Arena at the University of Central Florida is transformed into a winter wonderland with lights, holiday music and rides.
Light Up UCF features the Ice Rink Pavilion, the CFE Federal Credit Union Ferris Wheel, the Blizzard ride, the Arctic Glide Ice Slide presented by Race Trac and Santa’s Workshop presented by Coca-Cola.
There are several free opportunities for all to enjoy, including the Holiday Light Show presented by Orlando Sanford International Airport with thousands of lights choreographed to seasonal musical selections and snow, spun by a live DJ.
Several times throughout the event, the event will be showing free movies outdoors on a two-story screen. Films start at 7pm on Wednesdays, and Fridays and Saturdays at 7pm and 9:30pm. A listing of all scheduled movies can be found online.
Of course, Santa will be making appearances for photo ops. Price for the photos start at $13.
It’s free to wander around, and check out the Holiday lights, but there is a charge for the rides ($4.25-$6.50), which include an Ice Slide and a Ferris Wheel. There is also a charge for using the outdoor tented ice skating rink ($12 nightly skating/$19.75 nightly unlimited skate and rides pass), and for carriage rides (starting at $5 per person).
Light Up UCF starts at 5pm Monday through Friday, and at noon on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets for the rides, and more info, is available at the CFE Arena Box Office or online at lightupucf.com. Parking is FREE for Light Up UCF patrons – please be sure to tell the parking attendant that you are on site for Light Up UCF.
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020
- Walt Disney World Announces Attraction Closures and Project Postponements .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParkNews - July 29, 2020
- Osceola Arts presents ‘Once on the Island’ Online July 31-August 9, 2021 .. @Osceola_Arts #OnceontheIsland #oaOOTI - July 28, 2020
- MEGACON Orlando Cancels Fall LIMITED EDITION and Announces 2021 Dates .. #MegaCon #MegaConOrlando - July 27, 2020
- Universal Orlando Announces Cancellation of Halloween Horror Nights for 2020 .. #UniversalOrlando #HalloweenHorrorNights #HHN2020 - July 24, 2020
- Universal Orlando Also Closes Face Covering Loophole for Guests .. #UniversalOrlando #ParkSafety - July 23, 2020
- Walt Disney World Closes a Loophole For Mask Wearers .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ParkSafety - July 22, 2020
- Silvermoon Drive In in Lakeland Hosts Ghostbusters Event to Benefit Nathaniel’s Hope July 24 .. #SilvermoonDriveIn #Ghostbusters #NathanielsHope - July 21, 2020