The City of Orlando celebrates the contribution of Veterans with its annual Veterans Day Parade on Saturday, November 14.
This signature Orlando event features more than 50 Central Florida veterans groups, the UCF Marching Knights and other marching bands, 13 ROTC and JROTC units, first responders, community groups and military vehicles.
Hosted by Mayor Buddy Dyer and his Veterans Advisory Council, this year’s parade is commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War.
The parade’s five grand marshals all served honorably during the conflict in Vietnam: Sgt. Peter Tattersall (U.S. Army), Col. Bob Springer (U.S. Marine Corps), Corpsman Jon Yeitrakis (U.S. Navy), Capt. William Thomas (U.S. Coast Guard) and Col. Joe Kittinger (U.S. Air Force).
There will be an opening ceremony at 10:30am, then the parade starts around 11am at the corner of Orange Ave and Robinson Street, and heads south to Central Ave. From there, it heads east on Central to Rosalind Ave. The final stretch sees the parade head north on Rosalind to Robinson.
It’s free to watch the parade, but spaces along the route tend to fill up fast, so I would recommend getting down there early. If you can’t be there to see it in person, News 13 will televise it live, beginning at 10:30am.
For more information, visit cityoforlando.net/veteransparade.
[image courtesy City of Orlando]
- Jersey Boys Opens 2018-2019 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season at Dr. Phillips Center Oct 30-Nov 4 @drphillipsctr - October 22, 2018
- Spooky Empire Brings Stars of X-Files, House of 1000 Corpses and More to October Event - October 18, 2018
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns for 9th Year Oct 26-28 - October 17, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Wallflowers Oct 26 @HRHUniversalORL @TheWallflowers - October 16, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Annual Pass Program - October 15, 2018
- Wild Florida Hosts Sloth Week with Free Admission Oct 15-20 @WildFlorida - October 14, 2018
- Out and About: Sonny’s BBQ Celebrates National Pulled Pork Day 2018 with New Limited Menu Items - October 12, 2018
- Orlando International Airport Has Raised Parking Prices - October 11, 2018
- Annual Pink Off Park Celebration Returns October 19 in Winter Park - October 8, 2018
- Come Out With Pride 2018 Celebrates Orlando’s LGBTQ+ Community Oct 8-14 #KeepDancingOrlando @OrlandoPride - October 7, 2018