While Black Friday is full of deals from national retailers and “big box” stores, the following day, Small Business Saturday, is meant to get people to shop from local stores and sellers. If you’re out shopping this Saturday, November 28, you’ll want to visit Artegon Marketplace.
Artegon Marketplace is full of local artisans and shops offering handmade and crafted items for purchase. The interior has recently undergone a major revamp, and every storefront now has personality and actual walls.
If you went when the marketplace first opened, it was nothing but steel cages separating the retail spaces. That is no more. The owners of each shop were allowed a hand in designing their new storefronts, and it really gives the stores a visual appeal.
As for the shops themselves, there are a lot of art and craft stores from which you can purchase paintings, wood crafts, painted purses, jewelry, and more. There are also several food options, vintage stores, bath and body products, and home decor.
Some of my favorite shops are Erix Art, Florida Soap Company, Happy Bee Honey, and Vagabond Traveler. And let’s not talk about how much time I’ve spent at Gods & Monsters, which has collectibles, geek art, and a killer Offworld Lounge with craft brews and sodas.
But I’m always discovering new to me stores, and new businesses are always opening, as well. OTown Ink Tattoo and Sky Zone Trampoline Park have opened within the past few weeks, and NYZ Apocalypse will be opening soon for all of your zombie laser tag needs.
So if you’re heading out tomorrow to do some of your Christmas shopping, make sure you stop by Artegon Marketplace and check out the offerings from all of the local vendors and artisans. You’re sure to find some great gift ideas.
Artegon Marketplace is located at the north end of International Drive. For directions, hours, and more information, visit artegonmarketplace.com.
- Out and About: The LEGO Movie Days Make LEGOLAND Florida Even More Awesome! #BuiltForKids #LEGOMovieDays - July 19, 2019
- ICE! at Gaylord Palms to Feature ‘The Polar Express’ for 2019 #CAGP19 #VisitICE2019 - July 18, 2019
- Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Returns Aug 23 with Record Breaking 120+ Restaurants @VisitOrlando #MagicalDining - July 17, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Salutes First Responders with Half Off Admission Through July 31 #SeaWorldOrlando - July 16, 2019
- Apollo 11 Moon landing 50th Anniversary Events This Week in Central Florida #Apollo11 - July 15, 2019
- Dates Unveiled for the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays #WaltDisneyWorld - July 14, 2019
- Win a Family 4-Pack of Tickets to Disney’s Newsies at Osceola Arts! @Osceola_Arts #Giveaway - July 10, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Hosts THE LEGO MOVIE DAYS Weekends in July and August 2019 #BuiltForKids - July 9, 2019
- Osceola Arts Presents Disney’s ‘Newsies’ Starting July 12 @Osceola_Arts - July 8, 2019
- July 4th Fireworks To Live Stream From Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Tonight - July 4, 2019