While Black Friday is full of deals from national retailers and “big box” stores, the following day, Small Business Saturday, is meant to get people to shop from local stores and sellers. If you’re out shopping this Saturday, November 28, you’ll want to visit Artegon Marketplace.
Artegon Marketplace is full of local artisans and shops offering handmade and crafted items for purchase. The interior has recently undergone a major revamp, and every storefront now has personality and actual walls.
If you went when the marketplace first opened, it was nothing but steel cages separating the retail spaces. That is no more. The owners of each shop were allowed a hand in designing their new storefronts, and it really gives the stores a visual appeal.
As for the shops themselves, there are a lot of art and craft stores from which you can purchase paintings, wood crafts, painted purses, jewelry, and more. There are also several food options, vintage stores, bath and body products, and home decor.
Some of my favorite shops are Erix Art, Florida Soap Company, Happy Bee Honey, and Vagabond Traveler. And let’s not talk about how much time I’ve spent at Gods & Monsters, which has collectibles, geek art, and a killer Offworld Lounge with craft brews and sodas.
But I’m always discovering new to me stores, and new businesses are always opening, as well. OTown Ink Tattoo and Sky Zone Trampoline Park have opened within the past few weeks, and NYZ Apocalypse will be opening soon for all of your zombie laser tag needs.
So if you’re heading out tomorrow to do some of your Christmas shopping, make sure you stop by Artegon Marketplace and check out the offerings from all of the local vendors and artisans. You’re sure to find some great gift ideas.
Artegon Marketplace is located at the north end of International Drive. For directions, hours, and more information, visit artegonmarketplace.com.
- The Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando Thanksgiving Weekend + Ticket #Giveaway - November 14, 2018
- Backstreet Boys Return to Orlando with Amway Center Show Aug 24, 2019 @backstreetboys @amwaycenter - November 13, 2018
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces #HAMILTON Single Ticket On Sale Date For Orlando Shows @drphillipsctr - November 12, 2018
- Orlando Science Center to Host Thanksgiving Break Camps for Kids Nov 19-21, 2018 - November 12, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up – November 10: Urbain 40, Ford’s Garage, Taverna Opa, and More - November 10, 2018
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Welcomes Conductor Laura Jackson for Tchaikovsky & Mozart - November 8, 2018
- Get Your DIY On at Maker Faire Orlando November 10-11 #OrlandoMakers - November 6, 2018
- KIDZ BOP Weekend Returns to LEGOLAND Florida Nov 10-12, 2018 #BuiltForKids - November 3, 2018
- Festival Of Trees Returns to Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 10-18, 2018 @omaorlando - November 2, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events for November 2018 - November 1, 2018