While Black Friday is full of deals from national retailers and “big box” stores, the following day, Small Business Saturday, is meant to get people to shop from local stores and sellers. If you’re out shopping this Saturday, November 28, you’ll want to visit Artegon Marketplace.
Artegon Marketplace is full of local artisans and shops offering handmade and crafted items for purchase. The interior has recently undergone a major revamp, and every storefront now has personality and actual walls.
If you went when the marketplace first opened, it was nothing but steel cages separating the retail spaces. That is no more. The owners of each shop were allowed a hand in designing their new storefronts, and it really gives the stores a visual appeal.
As for the shops themselves, there are a lot of art and craft stores from which you can purchase paintings, wood crafts, painted purses, jewelry, and more. There are also several food options, vintage stores, bath and body products, and home decor.
Some of my favorite shops are Erix Art, Florida Soap Company, Happy Bee Honey, and Vagabond Traveler. And let’s not talk about how much time I’ve spent at Gods & Monsters, which has collectibles, geek art, and a killer Offworld Lounge with craft brews and sodas.
But I’m always discovering new to me stores, and new businesses are always opening, as well. OTown Ink Tattoo and Sky Zone Trampoline Park have opened within the past few weeks, and NYZ Apocalypse will be opening soon for all of your zombie laser tag needs.
So if you’re heading out tomorrow to do some of your Christmas shopping, make sure you stop by Artegon Marketplace and check out the offerings from all of the local vendors and artisans. You’re sure to find some great gift ideas.
Artegon Marketplace is located at the north end of International Drive. For directions, hours, and more information, visit artegonmarketplace.com.
- Museum of Illusions Has Opened at ICON Park Orlando .. #MuseumOfIllusionsOrlando @ICONParkOrlando #OrlandoAttractions #TicketDeals - January 19, 2021
- Dinosaur Invasion Returns to Orlando’s Leu Gardens Jan 18-April 18 .. #LeuGardens #Dinosaurs - January 18, 2021
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For January 15, 2021: Gideon’s Bakehouse, Portillo’s, Major’s Project Pop, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - January 15, 2021
- Grande Lakes Orlando to Host Inaugural “Curated Experiences” Event Jan 29-31, 2021 .. #GrandeLakesOrlando #JWMarriottOrlando #Staycation #RitzCarltonOrlando #LuxuryTravel - January 10, 2021
- Gatorland Offers $9.99 Florida Resident Deal For January .. #Gatorland #FLResident - January 8, 2021
- 2021 Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts Kicks Off Jan 8 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #Disney - January 6, 2021
- Orlando Fringe Partners With Subly For Increased Accessibility Online .. #OrlandoFringe #Subly #OrlandoArts - January 6, 2021
- New Local Haitian TV Station Debuts in Central Florida .. #AyitiTV #OrlandoTV - January 5, 2021
- Visit Orlando Hires New President & CEO .. #VisitOrlando #OrlandoTourism - January 5, 2021
- Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World for 2021 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ParkHopping - January 4, 2021