While Black Friday is full of deals from national retailers and “big box” stores, the following day, Small Business Saturday, is meant to get people to shop from local stores and sellers. If you’re out shopping this Saturday, November 28, you’ll want to visit Artegon Marketplace.
Artegon Marketplace is full of local artisans and shops offering handmade and crafted items for purchase. The interior has recently undergone a major revamp, and every storefront now has personality and actual walls.
If you went when the marketplace first opened, it was nothing but steel cages separating the retail spaces. That is no more. The owners of each shop were allowed a hand in designing their new storefronts, and it really gives the stores a visual appeal.
As for the shops themselves, there are a lot of art and craft stores from which you can purchase paintings, wood crafts, painted purses, jewelry, and more. There are also several food options, vintage stores, bath and body products, and home decor.
Some of my favorite shops are Erix Art, Florida Soap Company, Happy Bee Honey, and Vagabond Traveler. And let’s not talk about how much time I’ve spent at Gods & Monsters, which has collectibles, geek art, and a killer Offworld Lounge with craft brews and sodas.
But I’m always discovering new to me stores, and new businesses are always opening, as well. OTown Ink Tattoo and Sky Zone Trampoline Park have opened within the past few weeks, and NYZ Apocalypse will be opening soon for all of your zombie laser tag needs.
So if you’re heading out tomorrow to do some of your Christmas shopping, make sure you stop by Artegon Marketplace and check out the offerings from all of the local vendors and artisans. You’re sure to find some great gift ideas.
Artegon Marketplace is located at the north end of International Drive. For directions, hours, and more information, visit artegonmarketplace.com.
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018
- Reading is Magical with Disney on Ice and the Orlando Public Library on May 10, 2018 - May 8, 2018