While Black Friday is full of deals from national retailers and “big box” stores, the following day, Small Business Saturday, is meant to get people to shop from local stores and sellers. If you’re out shopping this Saturday, November 28, you’ll want to visit Artegon Marketplace.
Artegon Marketplace is full of local artisans and shops offering handmade and crafted items for purchase. The interior has recently undergone a major revamp, and every storefront now has personality and actual walls.
If you went when the marketplace first opened, it was nothing but steel cages separating the retail spaces. That is no more. The owners of each shop were allowed a hand in designing their new storefronts, and it really gives the stores a visual appeal.
As for the shops themselves, there are a lot of art and craft stores from which you can purchase paintings, wood crafts, painted purses, jewelry, and more. There are also several food options, vintage stores, bath and body products, and home decor.
Some of my favorite shops are Erix Art, Florida Soap Company, Happy Bee Honey, and Vagabond Traveler. And let’s not talk about how much time I’ve spent at Gods & Monsters, which has collectibles, geek art, and a killer Offworld Lounge with craft brews and sodas.
But I’m always discovering new to me stores, and new businesses are always opening, as well. OTown Ink Tattoo and Sky Zone Trampoline Park have opened within the past few weeks, and NYZ Apocalypse will be opening soon for all of your zombie laser tag needs.
So if you’re heading out tomorrow to do some of your Christmas shopping, make sure you stop by Artegon Marketplace and check out the offerings from all of the local vendors and artisans. You’re sure to find some great gift ideas.
Artegon Marketplace is located at the north end of International Drive. For directions, hours, and more information, visit artegonmarketplace.com.
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 22, 2018: Holler and Dash, Pharmacy, Earth Fare, and More - September 22, 2018
- $10 Day Returns to @OrlandoScience Center Sept 23 - September 20, 2018
- Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando to Host Sensory Friendly Day Sept 22 - September 19, 2018
- 2018 US Open Table Tennis Championships to be Held in Orlando - September 18, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Reveals Plans for Florida’s Tallest Launch Roller Coaster #Tigris - September 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 14, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Columbia Restaurant, The Capital Grille, and More - September 14, 2018
- FOZZY to Rock House of Blues Orlando Sept 27, 2018 @FOZZYROCK - September 13, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Outfield’s Tony Lewis Sept 28 - September 12, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Final Halloween Horror Nights 28 House: ScaryTales: Deadly Ever After #HHN28 - September 11, 2018
- ‘The Horrors of Blumhouse’ will Return to Halloween Horror Nights 28 at Universal Orlando #HHN28 - September 7, 2018