On a recent Wednesday night, I joined my fellow Central Florida Lady Bloggers group for dinner at Wolfgang Puck Grand Café, in the upstairs room.
I’d been enjoying the restaurant’s food since it first opened, but this way my first time upstairs, where the menu tends to be a bit more upscale.
We all noshed on the restaurant’s signature Chinois Salad, which featured large pieces of sliced chicken on a bed of cabbage, romaine, and baby greens, topped with cashews, crispy wontons, and a ginger-sesame vinaigrette that brought it all together.
The stand-out seafood dish was the miso-glazed salmon, lightly pan-seared, on a crispy orange rice patty with sesame miso aioli and pickled cucumbers. The combination was a delight on the taste buds, and elevated the dish above the typical salmon on a cedar plank.
There were also stations featuring a variety of sushi, as well as sauteed sea scallops on a bed of spring pea puree, which the bloggers enjoyed.
As we dined, we enjoyed glasses of Wolfgang Puck chardonnay, and I was surprised to find purchases of the “house” wines included a donation to The Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health in honor of Puck’s mother. A nice touch to a delicious wine.
We were also treated to three of Chef Robert’s wood-fired pizzas: Barbecued Chicken, Margherita, and a Fennel Sausage with dollops of herbed ricotta that was my favorite of the three.
For dessert we had sample-sized portions of three offerings that ended the meal just right. The Five Layer Chocolate Cake was a hit with the chocoholics, while the carrot cake with cream cheese icing was sweet but not too sweet. The big favorite was the key lime pie tart, with a delicious almost marshmallow-like meringue.
The upstairs dining room is also a little more intimate and elegant than the downstairs cafe, and several tables have wonderful views of lake. I would definitely recommend the upstairs for a special occasion dinner or a romantic meal.
Wolfgang Puck Grand Café is located at Disney Springs in the Westside. The free parking garage is now open and provides easy access to the restaurant. For more information, visit wolfgangpuckcafeorlando.com
Disclaimer: I was a guest of Wolfgang Puck Grand Café and the Central Florida Lady Bloggers group. As always, my opinions are my own and are honest.
- Orlando Shakes Hosts 30th Anniversary Season Gala Sept 16, 2018 @OrlandoShakes - July 16, 2018
- Frightened Rabbit Tribute Show at Will’s Pub July 19 to Benefit TWLOHA - July 15, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Chucky and Killer Klowns Scare Zones for Halloween Horror Nights 28 #HHN28 - July 13, 2018
- Ellipsis Brewing Marks Six-Month Anniversary with 5 Special Release Brews - July 12, 2018
- Walt Disney World Introduces its Newest Annual Pass and a Summer Pass Add-on - July 11, 2018
- First Narrators Announced for 2018 Candlelight Processional at Epcot - July 11, 2018
- Orlando Story Club Presents ‘What A Mess!’ at The Abbey July 18, 2018 - July 10, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Offers Free Day of Dining with Annual Pass Purchase - July 9, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup July 7, 2018: 33 & Melt, 4 Rivers Smokehouse, Paddlefish, and More - July 7, 2018
- Spooky Empire to Mark 25th Anniversary of Hocus Pocus with Guest Kathy Najimy - July 6, 2018