In last week’s Orlando Dining News Round-Up, we mentioned Central Florida fave Cask & Larder were expanding with an upcoming airport location. We now have a little more information.
For this new location, James and Julie Petrakis, the James Beard Award-nominated chefs/owners of Cask & Larder, have partnered with Johnny Rivers, a former Disney Corporate Executive Chef and Culinary Olympics Gold Medal recipient, and Peter Amaro Jr., president and COO of Master Concession Air, to bring the airport its first-ever locally sourced and seasonally driven eatery.
Slated to open summer 2016, the Orlando International Airport (MCO) restaurant will include a dining room, bar and grab-and-go market with sit-down service for approximately 390 guests.
While it will offer signature Cask & Larder menus items like Nashville Hot Chicken and Roasted Oysters, certain adaptations to the menu and service will be made to meet the airport’s needs and to offer something for all types of travelers.
“We’re really excited to bring Cask & Larder to the Orlando International Airport,” said James Petrakis. “Julie and I both grew up here and have long thought it would be great to have more local establishments represented at the airport. With Orlando being such a popular international destination, we look forward to showcasing modern Florida cuisine made from locally sourced ingredients to the millions of visitors the airport attracts each year.”
Cask & Larder will be located in MCO’s Terminal 2, one of the airport’s busiest, which houses gates for Southwest Airlines. It will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
It’ll definitely make flying out of Orlando a lot yummier. Until then, you can visit Cask & Larder’s original location in Winter Park. For more information, visit caskandlarder.com.
- Walt Disney World To Cut Theme Park Hours Starting in September .. #WaltDisneyWorld - August 11, 2020
- Enchanted Fairy Doors Returns to Harry P. Leu Gardens … #LeuGardens #FairyDoors - August 10, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020