In last week’s Orlando Dining News Round-Up, we mentioned Central Florida fave Cask & Larder were expanding with an upcoming airport location. We now have a little more information.
For this new location, James and Julie Petrakis, the James Beard Award-nominated chefs/owners of Cask & Larder, have partnered with Johnny Rivers, a former Disney Corporate Executive Chef and Culinary Olympics Gold Medal recipient, and Peter Amaro Jr., president and COO of Master Concession Air, to bring the airport its first-ever locally sourced and seasonally driven eatery.
Slated to open summer 2016, the Orlando International Airport (MCO) restaurant will include a dining room, bar and grab-and-go market with sit-down service for approximately 390 guests.
While it will offer signature Cask & Larder menus items like Nashville Hot Chicken and Roasted Oysters, certain adaptations to the menu and service will be made to meet the airport’s needs and to offer something for all types of travelers.
“We’re really excited to bring Cask & Larder to the Orlando International Airport,” said James Petrakis. “Julie and I both grew up here and have long thought it would be great to have more local establishments represented at the airport. With Orlando being such a popular international destination, we look forward to showcasing modern Florida cuisine made from locally sourced ingredients to the millions of visitors the airport attracts each year.”
Cask & Larder will be located in MCO’s Terminal 2, one of the airport’s busiest, which houses gates for Southwest Airlines. It will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
It’ll definitely make flying out of Orlando a lot yummier. Until then, you can visit Cask & Larder’s original location in Winter Park. For more information, visit caskandlarder.com.
- WonderWorks Orlando Offering $10 All-Access Passes To Use After Quarantine .. @WonderWorksORL - April 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2020 Picks For #Easter Dining In #Orlando (At Home) - April 8, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For April 8, 2020: Kadance, Hawkers, Canvas, ICON Park, Estefan Kitchen Orlando, Ravenous Pig, and More .. #OrlandoFoodies - April 8, 2020
- Orange County and Visit Orlando Launch ‘#407Day’ Campaign April 7 to Support Local Restaurants .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - April 6, 2020
- Enzian Theater Offering Four New Indie Movies to Stream .. @EnzianTheater @atwdfilm #CorpusChristiFilm @ExtraOrdFilm @SWMYfilm - April 5, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Second Free Online #StayHome Music Fest April 5 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - April 5, 2020
- SeaWorld Parks Provide Free Online Animal and Nature Classroom Resources .. @SeaWorld #ClassroomResources - April 4, 2020
- Creative City Project Presents “Stimulate the Arts” Online Fundraiser .. @Creative_Proj #OrlandoArts - April 3, 2020
- Orlando’s East End Market Launches Mobile Delivery Service .. @EastEndMkt - April 2, 2020
- Feed the Need Florida to Distribute Meals to Families Impacted by COVID-19 .. #FeedtheNeedFL - March 31, 2020