I happened to be at Disney Springs / Downtown Disney yesterday for a media lunch, and as I was walking back to the parking garage, spotted that Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar was now open.
This new watering hole is themed around Jock Lindsey, the pilot in the Indiana Jones movies. According to the lore, after his work with Jones, Jock settled down in a waterfront community in Florida and set up this hangar bar for members of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers to drink at when they came through town on their travels.
The exterior does resemble a 1940’s airplane hangar, while the interior is decorated with trinkets and souvenirs Jock collected on his journeys with Jones. There are even a few movie Easter Eggs hidden in plain sight. There is a huge bar that runs almost the length of one wall. On the opposite wall is a bank of seating that looks like it sits within a hollowed out propellor plane. Interior group seating is housed in a small mock diving bell. Down the center is a short row of high-top tables.
The bulk of available seating is outside, split between a lakefront patio, and a side boat hanging over the water. There is also an outside bar with limited seating.
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar does serve a limited tapas-style menu featuring items with names inspired by the movies. I didn’t get to try anything on this visit, but I did see others enjoying the Air Pirate’s Pretzels (Everything-coated soft pretzels served with ramekins of house-made mustard and beer-cheese fondue) and the Rolling Boulders Sliders (a trio of spicy meatball sliders served with yogurt sauce). There are nine total dishes on the menu, with prices ranging from $7.99 to $14.99.
The rest of the multi-page menu is dedicated to the drinks – this is a bar, after all. The menu is set up scrapbook style, so some pages are regular lists of drinks, while others feature photos and description of one signature libation, such as the Cool-Headed Monkey. There are no prices for the drinks listed on the menu, but expect typical Disney prices
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar is open from 11:30am to midnight Sunday through Thursday, and until 1am Friday and Saturday. It doesn’t accept reservations, so you may have to wait for an available table during busy periods. You will find it on the new The Landing section of Disney Springs, next to the already open The Boathouse.
- GODSMACK to Rock Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 13, 2024 - February 29, 2024
- Central Florida Sounds of Freedom Presents ‘Love is Universal’ at Dr. Phillips Center March 3, 2024 - February 28, 2024
- SeaWorld Orlando Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day During the 2024 Seven Seas Food Festival - February 28, 2024
- Dr. Phillips Center Presents the Free Event ‘Voices of Freedom: An Evening of Spoken Word’ on March 1, 2024 - February 27, 2024
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Hosts Free Spring Pops Concerts March 1-3, 2024 - February 27, 2024
- Jeremiah’s Italian Ice Offering Leap Year Deal for J-List Members - February 26, 2024
- Pointe Orlando Celebrates Pardi Gras on March 1st - February 26, 2024
- Meet Monster Jam’s Grave Digger at Free Event on February 29, 2024 - February 25, 2024
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host More than 300 Local Heroes at ‘Moulin Rouge! The Musical’ This Week - February 24, 2024
- Museum of Illusions Orlando Offering Free Admission to Leap Year Birthdays Feb. 29 - February 23, 2024