I have to admit I wasn’t that familiar with Cook, though I’d heard a few of his songs on the radio. But this American Idol winner (season 7) definitely turned me into a fan…with only six songs, believe it or not.
He led off with “Heartbeat,” off his 2015 release, Digital Vein, then performed “Come Back to Me” off his 2009 self-titled release, his first post-American Idol.
He went out into the crowd for a few minutes to try to encourage them to rock out a bit, by asking them to pretend they were at an arena show, instead of Disney World. The crowd laughed and seemed to enjoy this.
Once back on stage, he launched into another track from Digital Vein called “Broken Windows.” I really enjoyed this track. Then he did one cover, an bluesy slowed down version of the Michael Jackson classic, “Billie Jean,” that had the audience grooving.
He ended the set with two more originals, “Light On” from his self-titled album, and “Criminals,” the lead single from Digital Vein.
I didn’t have the chance to catch his other two sets, but Cook put on a great show, as brief as it was. I’ll definitely be checking out his cds.
The Eat to the Beat Concert Series is included with your admission to Epcot during the International Food & Wine Festival.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2020 Picks For #Easter Dining In #Orlando (At Home) - April 8, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For April 8, 2020: Kadance, Hawkers, Canvas, ICON Park, Estefan Kitchen Orlando, Ravenous Pig, and More .. #OrlandoFoodies - April 8, 2020
- Orange County and Visit Orlando Launch ‘#407Day’ Campaign April 7 to Support Local Restaurants .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - April 6, 2020
- Enzian Theater Offering Four New Indie Movies to Stream .. @EnzianTheater @atwdfilm #CorpusChristiFilm @ExtraOrdFilm @SWMYfilm - April 5, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Second Free Online #StayHome Music Fest April 5 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - April 5, 2020
- SeaWorld Parks Provide Free Online Animal and Nature Classroom Resources .. @SeaWorld #ClassroomResources - April 4, 2020
- Creative City Project Presents “Stimulate the Arts” Online Fundraiser .. @Creative_Proj #OrlandoArts - April 3, 2020
- Orlando’s East End Market Launches Mobile Delivery Service .. @EastEndMkt - April 2, 2020
- Feed the Need Florida to Distribute Meals to Families Impacted by COVID-19 .. #FeedtheNeedFL - March 31, 2020
- Monster Jam World Finals 2020 in Orlando Has Been Cancelled .. @MonsterJam #MonsterJam - March 30, 2020