I first saw Billy Idol live in 1984, on a tour date in Madison, WI. It was the summer of “Rebel Yell” and “Flesh For Fantasy,” and he and Steve Stevens ruled the stage cranking out hit after hit, sneer after sneer.
Fast forward to September 23, 2015, at the Hard Rock Live in Orlando, and it was like 31 years ago. Idol and Stevens together on stage, performing hit after hit, and it felt so good!
Idol is on tour promoting his 2014 release, Kings & Queens of the Underground, and he started the show with “Postcards From the Past” from that album. The rest of the set lists alternated other new tracks like “Save Me Now” and “Can’t Break Me Down” with the classic hits.
We were all jamming to “Cradle of Love,” “Dancing With Myself,” and “Eyes Without a Face,” until Idol closed with “Rebel Yell.” But we weren’t done, and even though it wasn’t the midnight hour, we screamed “More, more, more!”, and Idol and his band came back out for an encore of “White Wedding” and “Mony Mony.”
It was a great show and both Idols and Stevens were in fine form. I left the show tired and a bit sweaty, but definitely happy. Rock on Mr. Idol, and thanks for such a great show on my birthday!
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Wallflowers Oct 26 @HRHUniversalORL @TheWallflowers - October 16, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Annual Pass Program - October 15, 2018
- Wild Florida Hosts Sloth Week with Free Admission Oct 15-20 @WildFlorida - October 14, 2018
- Out and About: Sonny’s BBQ Celebrates National Pulled Pork Day 2018 with New Limited Menu Items - October 12, 2018
- Orlando International Airport Has Raised Parking Prices - October 11, 2018
- Annual Pink Off Park Celebration Returns October 19 in Winter Park - October 8, 2018
- Come Out With Pride 2018 Celebrates Orlando’s LGBTQ+ Community Oct 8-14 #KeepDancingOrlando @OrlandoPride - October 7, 2018
- Celebrate #NationalTacoDay 2018 on October 4 With These Orlando-Area Restaurants - October 4, 2018
- Infinity Falls to Open at SeaWorld Orlando October 4, 2018 - October 3, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events For October 2018 - October 1, 2018