This week, Dr Phillips Center for the Performing Arts announced two major corporate gifts towards the completion of Phase 2 of the venue.
Tupperware Brands and Ravago Americas are both contributing $1 million on top of previous gifts. Naming rights were given to both companies with their initial gifts, The Tupperware Brands Lobby is situated at the stage door lobby that welcomes artists, students and people doing business at the arts center. The Ravago Terrace Bar on Tier Three features a view of the Seneff Arts Plaza and the DeVos Family Room.
Phase 2 will consist of the 1,700-seat Steinmetz Hall that will join the existing 2,700-seat Walt Disney Theater and the 300-seat Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater already in operations since the Dr. Phillips Center opened in November 2014. In addition to the acoustical theater, Phase 2 will complete the Seneff Arts Plaza, as well as add rehearsal, classroom and office space.
“The opening of the first phase of the Dr. Phillips Center was the culmination of decades of dreaming, planning and hard work. Phase 2 will fulfill the vision and the commitment of every person who has contributed,” said Kathy Ramsberger, president and CEO of the Dr. Phillips Center. “We are grateful to Ravago and Tupperware for their continued support.”
The timetable calls for completing fundraising in 2016 with a projected ground breaking in spring of 2016 and opening in 2019. The current projected cost of Phase 2 is $177 million and approximately $35 million is left to raise toward the completion of the project.
The Dr. Phillips Center is a public-private collaboration with the City of Orlando, Orange County, the State of Florida and generous donors. For more information please visit drphillipscenter.org.
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019
- Mad Cow Theatre presents ‘Fade’ Aug 23 – Sept 15, 2019 .. @MadCowTheatre - August 20, 2019
- Joe Bonamassa Announces Two Central Florida Dates in February 2020 .. @KingCenterPA @RuthEckerdHall @JBONAMASSA - August 19, 2019
- The Roth Family Jewish Community Center to Host Author Jenna Blum Aug 27 .. @Jenna_Blum @orlandoJCC - August 16, 2019
- Disney On Ice Presents Road Trip Adventures at Amway Center Sept 6-8 + Ticket Giveaway! .. @DisneyOnIce #RoadTripAdventures - August 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Hosts Grand Opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs .. #Disney #NBAExperience - August 13, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts Free Open House for Fall Arts Classes Aug 17 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - August 12, 2019
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns August 16-18, 2019 + Win Tickets! #Giveaway #TheOrlandoBoatShow - August 8, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Fall 2019 Classes Now on Sale … @DrPhillipsCtr - August 6, 2019