One of the best events at Walt Disney World is the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, and on September 25, it begins its 20th year of entertaining visitors to Epcot.
The 2015 festival, presented by Chase, will welcome celebrity chefs, debut new marketplace tastes from around the world and celebrate guests’ favorite dining traditions through it’s end on November 16.
This year, the festival will expand with new Future World marketplaces featuring fresh culinary concepts to pair with select wines, beers, cocktails and other beverages.
ABC’s Emmy Award-winning lifestyle series, “The Chew,” will broadcast from the festival for the first time (shows to air October 12-16) and will participate in two of the new Future World festival marketplaces: Sustainable Chew, offering guests a taste of delicious dishes inspired by “The Chew” co-hosts, and Chew Lab, where food science meets the hottest culinary tech trends with dishes like the Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel.
In Future World, the Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog returns for a fourth year to celebrate the cranberry’s rich agricultural heritage. Meanwhile, Remy, the diminutive but determined star of Disney’s “Ratatouille,” will cook up family fun with Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak scavenger hunt.
Guests can also enjoy free nightly Eat to the Beat concerts nightly, which will kick off with David Cook, and include popular acts like WIlson Phillips, Sister Hazel, and Jo Dee Messina. Four new acts will grace the stage this year: Tiffany, Everclear, Maxi Priest and Chaka Khan. All artists will perform three sets each night. For a full schedule of concerts, click here.
New marketplace dishes like the Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp (Australia), Pepper Bacon Mac ‘N Cheese (Farm Fresh) and Seared Venison Loin with Wild Mushroom Marsala Sauce (New Zealand) will tempt taste buds, alongside fest favorites like the New England Lobster Roll (Hops & Barley) and the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup.
Included with your Epcot admission are the Back to Basics series, special book signings, and Eat to the Beat concerts. There are also seminars, and special events that are available for an additional cost, like the Party for the Senses grand tasting events.
For more information, visit EpcotFoodFestival.com.
[Image courtesy of Walt Disney World/David Roark, photographer]
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For May 29, 2020: Bao’s Castle, The Osprey Tavern, Ocean Prime, King Cajun Crawfish, Krispy Kreme, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo - May 29, 2020
- SeaWorld Announces Plans to Reopen Orlando Parks June 11 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #AquaticaOrlando #DiscoveryCove #Reopening - May 28, 2020
- Plans Unveiled for the Phased Reopening of Walt Disney World .. #WaltDisneyWorld #Reopening - May 27, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to Re-Open May 28, 2020 + Ticket Deal .. #KSCVC #Reopening - May 26, 2020
- Florida Hurricane Supplies Sales Tax Holiday Runs May 29-June 4, 2020 - May 25, 2020
- NBA in Talks with Walt Disney World to Restart Season in Orlando .. #NBA #WWoS #ESPN #WaltDisneyWorld - May 24, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Plans to Reopen June 1 .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #Reopening #PirateIslandHotel - May 23, 2020
- Universal Orlando Submits Plan to Reopen Parks in June .. #UniversalOrlando #Reopening - May 21, 2020
- Seminole State’s Emil Buehler Planetarium to be Part of Free Nationwide Star Party May 22, 2020 .. #StarParty #LiveStreaming #SeminoleState - May 20, 2020
- Orlando Music Community Leaders Band Together for ORLANDO MUSIC CARES Benefit May 25, 2020 .. #OrlandoMusicCares #LocalMusic #CharityEvents - May 19, 2020