One of the best events at Walt Disney World is the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, and on September 25, it begins its 20th year of entertaining visitors to Epcot.
The 2015 festival, presented by Chase, will welcome celebrity chefs, debut new marketplace tastes from around the world and celebrate guests’ favorite dining traditions through it’s end on November 16.
This year, the festival will expand with new Future World marketplaces featuring fresh culinary concepts to pair with select wines, beers, cocktails and other beverages.
ABC’s Emmy Award-winning lifestyle series, “The Chew,” will broadcast from the festival for the first time (shows to air October 12-16) and will participate in two of the new Future World festival marketplaces: Sustainable Chew, offering guests a taste of delicious dishes inspired by “The Chew” co-hosts, and Chew Lab, where food science meets the hottest culinary tech trends with dishes like the Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel.
In Future World, the Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog returns for a fourth year to celebrate the cranberry’s rich agricultural heritage. Meanwhile, Remy, the diminutive but determined star of Disney’s “Ratatouille,” will cook up family fun with Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak scavenger hunt.
Guests can also enjoy free nightly Eat to the Beat concerts nightly, which will kick off with David Cook, and include popular acts like WIlson Phillips, Sister Hazel, and Jo Dee Messina. Four new acts will grace the stage this year: Tiffany, Everclear, Maxi Priest and Chaka Khan. All artists will perform three sets each night. For a full schedule of concerts, click here.
New marketplace dishes like the Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp (Australia), Pepper Bacon Mac ‘N Cheese (Farm Fresh) and Seared Venison Loin with Wild Mushroom Marsala Sauce (New Zealand) will tempt taste buds, alongside fest favorites like the New England Lobster Roll (Hops & Barley) and the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup.
Included with your Epcot admission are the Back to Basics series, special book signings, and Eat to the Beat concerts. There are also seminars, and special events that are available for an additional cost, like the Party for the Senses grand tasting events.
For more information, visit EpcotFoodFestival.com.
[Image courtesy of Walt Disney World/David Roark, photographer]
- Nickelodeon’s JoJo Siwa brings D.R.E.A.M. The Tour to AMALIE Arena in Tampa May 2020 .. @AMALIEArena @Nickelodeon #JoJoDREAMTour - November 20, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Unveils New Florida Prepaid Schoolhouse With College Scholarship Giveaway .. @LEGOLANDFlorida - November 19, 2019
- 4th Annual Florida Tiny House Festival Comes to Orlando November 22-24 .. @UnitedTinyHouse - November 18, 2019
- Out and About: Mia’s Italian Kitchen on I-Drive Adds Bottomless Dining Option to Menu .. @MiasItalian_Orl - November 17, 2019
- Aquatica Orlando Announces Florida’s First Dueling Water Slide to Debut in 2020 .. @AquaticaOrlando #RiptideRace - November 15, 2019
- Festival of Trees Turns Orlando Museum of Art Into Winter Wonderland Nov 16-24, 2019 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees - November 14, 2019
- Annie Russell Theatre at Rollins College Presents ‘Private Lies: Improvised Film Noir’ Nov 15-23 .. @rollinscollege #OrlandoArts - November 12, 2019
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019