Musical comedian “Weird Al” Yankovic will be bringing his Mandatory World Tour to Central Florida for three shows in Orlando, Melbourne, and Clearwater in August.
“Weird Al” Yankovic started out as a shy accordian-playing teenager sending in homemade tapes to the Dr. Demento Radio Show. Now in his fourth decade of performing he has another hit album to his credit, 2014’s Mandatory Fun, which is the first comedy album to debut at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, and it nabbed him the Best Comedy Album Grammy.
In between, he’s become the biggest-selling comedy recording artist in history with over 12 million album sales. He has also earned four Grammy Awards and a career’s worth of accolades for classics like “Eat It,” “Like a Surgeon,” “Fat,” “Smells Like Nirvana,” “Amish Paradise,” “White and Nerdy,” and “The Saga Begins.”
He’s also appeared on screens big and small in movies like 1989’s UHF, and his late 90’s CBS Saturday morning series “The Weird Al Show,” as well as written two New York Times bestselling children’s books (When I Grow Up; My New Teacher and Me!).
Whew! He’s a busy guy. And he’s about to get busier with this new tour for his Mandatory Fun album that will bring him to Orlando, Clearwater, and Melbourne for three shows in August.
Here is the ticket information for the Central Florida shows:
Tickets for the Hard Rock Live Orlando show on August 11 are $28.50 to $47.50, and are available online at hardrock.com and at the box office.
Tickets for the Ruth Eckard Hall in Clearwater on August 13 are $33.75 to $260 VIP, and are available at rutheckardhall.com and at the box office.
Tickets for the King Center show in Melbourne on August 14 are $45 to $260, and are available online at kingcenter.com and at the box office.
For more information on “Weird Al” Yankovic, including future tour dates, visit weirdal.com.
To get you in the mood for the show, here is the video for “Weird Al” Yankovic’s “Tacky” from the Mandatory Fun album. The video features guests Aisha Tyler, Kristen Schaal, Jack Black, Margaret Cho and Eric Stonestreet:
And the video for “White and Nerdy” featuring guests Donny Osmond, Keegan-Michael Key, and Seth Green:
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020
- Walt Disney World Announces Attraction Closures and Project Postponements .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParkNews - July 29, 2020
- Osceola Arts presents ‘Once on the Island’ Online July 31-August 9, 2021 .. @Osceola_Arts #OnceontheIsland #oaOOTI - July 28, 2020
- MEGACON Orlando Cancels Fall LIMITED EDITION and Announces 2021 Dates .. #MegaCon #MegaConOrlando - July 27, 2020
- Universal Orlando Announces Cancellation of Halloween Horror Nights for 2020 .. #UniversalOrlando #HalloweenHorrorNights #HHN2020 - July 24, 2020
- Universal Orlando Also Closes Face Covering Loophole for Guests .. #UniversalOrlando #ParkSafety - July 23, 2020