Musical comedian “Weird Al” Yankovic will be bringing his Mandatory World Tour to Central Florida for three shows in Orlando, Melbourne, and Clearwater in August.
“Weird Al” Yankovic started out as a shy accordian-playing teenager sending in homemade tapes to the Dr. Demento Radio Show. Now in his fourth decade of performing he has another hit album to his credit, 2014’s Mandatory Fun, which is the first comedy album to debut at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, and it nabbed him the Best Comedy Album Grammy.
In between, he’s become the biggest-selling comedy recording artist in history with over 12 million album sales. He has also earned four Grammy Awards and a career’s worth of accolades for classics like “Eat It,” “Like a Surgeon,” “Fat,” “Smells Like Nirvana,” “Amish Paradise,” “White and Nerdy,” and “The Saga Begins.”
He’s also appeared on screens big and small in movies like 1989’s UHF, and his late 90’s CBS Saturday morning series “The Weird Al Show,” as well as written two New York Times bestselling children’s books (When I Grow Up; My New Teacher and Me!).
Whew! He’s a busy guy. And he’s about to get busier with this new tour for his Mandatory Fun album that will bring him to Orlando, Clearwater, and Melbourne for three shows in August.
Here is the ticket information for the Central Florida shows:
Tickets for the Hard Rock Live Orlando show on August 11 are $28.50 to $47.50, and are available online at hardrock.com and at the box office.
Tickets for the Ruth Eckard Hall in Clearwater on August 13 are $33.75 to $260 VIP, and are available at rutheckardhall.com and at the box office.
Tickets for the King Center show in Melbourne on August 14 are $45 to $260, and are available online at kingcenter.com and at the box office.
For more information on “Weird Al” Yankovic, including future tour dates, visit weirdal.com.
To get you in the mood for the show, here is the video for “Weird Al” Yankovic’s “Tacky” from the Mandatory Fun album. The video features guests Aisha Tyler, Kristen Schaal, Jack Black, Margaret Cho and Eric Stonestreet:
And the video for “White and Nerdy” featuring guests Donny Osmond, Keegan-Michael Key, and Seth Green:
- Where to Find Restaurants Offering Take-Out and Delivery in the Orlando Area .. #SupportLocalRestaurants #GoodToGoOrlando #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - March 28, 2020
- Crayola Experience Orlando Launches Search for “Kid CEO for the Day” .. @VisitCrayolaORL @VisitCrayola - March 27, 2020
- MEGACON™ Orlando Has Been Postponed to June 4-7, 2020 .. @MegaConOrlando #MegaConOrlando - March 24, 2020
- FAIRWINDS Broadway In Orlando Shows ‘Miss Saigon’ and ‘A Bronx Tale’ at Dr. Phillips Center Have Been Cancelled .. @DrPhillipsCtr @MissSaigonUS @ABronxTaleTour #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - March 23, 2020
- ‘Drawn to Life’ by Cirque du Soleil Postpones March Previews at Disney Springs .. @Cirque @WaltDisneyWorld #DrawnToLife - March 18, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s List of Orlando and Central Florida Closures, Postponements, and Cancellations Due to Coronavirus (Continuously Updated) || #LastUpdated March 27 @ 3pm || - March 14, 2020
- Out and About: Trying the Limited Time “Bone In, Bold Flavors” Menu at LongHorn Steakhouse .. @LongHornSteaks #BoneInBoldFlavor - March 13, 2020
- What Coronavirus Means for Orlando’s Economy and How You Can Help .. #Coronavirus #VisitOrlando #LiveLocal - March 12, 2020
- Out and About: Lunch at Huey Magoo’s in Dr. Phillips .. @HueyMagoos #OrlandoEats #DiningReview - March 12, 2020
- Enrique Iglesias And Ricky Martin Co-Headlining Tour Comes to Amway Center in Orlando October 2020 .. #EnriqueIglesias #RickyMartin @AmwayCenter - March 11, 2020