Musical comedian “Weird Al” Yankovic will be bringing his Mandatory World Tour to Central Florida for three shows in Orlando, Melbourne, and Clearwater in August.
“Weird Al” Yankovic started out as a shy accordian-playing teenager sending in homemade tapes to the Dr. Demento Radio Show. Now in his fourth decade of performing he has another hit album to his credit, 2014’s Mandatory Fun, which is the first comedy album to debut at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, and it nabbed him the Best Comedy Album Grammy.
In between, he’s become the biggest-selling comedy recording artist in history with over 12 million album sales. He has also earned four Grammy Awards and a career’s worth of accolades for classics like “Eat It,” “Like a Surgeon,” “Fat,” “Smells Like Nirvana,” “Amish Paradise,” “White and Nerdy,” and “The Saga Begins.”
He’s also appeared on screens big and small in movies like 1989’s UHF, and his late 90’s CBS Saturday morning series “The Weird Al Show,” as well as written two New York Times bestselling children’s books (When I Grow Up; My New Teacher and Me!).
Whew! He’s a busy guy. And he’s about to get busier with this new tour for his Mandatory Fun album that will bring him to Orlando, Clearwater, and Melbourne for three shows in August.
Here is the ticket information for the Central Florida shows:
Tickets for the Hard Rock Live Orlando show on August 11 are $28.50 to $47.50, and are available online at hardrock.com and at the box office.
Tickets for the Ruth Eckard Hall in Clearwater on August 13 are $33.75 to $260 VIP, and are available at rutheckardhall.com and at the box office.
Tickets for the King Center show in Melbourne on August 14 are $45 to $260, and are available online at kingcenter.com and at the box office.
For more information on “Weird Al” Yankovic, including future tour dates, visit weirdal.com.
To get you in the mood for the show, here is the video for “Weird Al” Yankovic’s “Tacky” from the Mandatory Fun album. The video features guests Aisha Tyler, Kristen Schaal, Jack Black, Margaret Cho and Eric Stonestreet:
And the video for “White and Nerdy” featuring guests Donny Osmond, Keegan-Michael Key, and Seth Green:
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020