When a band is made up of musicians that you’ve loved in other bands, you expect it to be good. Such was the case when I saw The Dead Daisies at the Hard Rock Live Orlando on August 3.
The band opened for Whitesnake, and I really enjoyed their set. They came out and started off with the high energy track, “Mexico,” off their new album, Revolución.
I’ve always enjoyed singer John Corabi’s voice, and it was in fine form during the set, which included mostly originals, along with a few covers.
The six members of The Dead Daisies played well off each other and seemed to be having a lot of fun onstage. I liked how everyone except the drummer and keyboardist made good use of the stage space, playing to both sides of the venue, as well as the normal center.
The Dead Daisies closed with a rowdy rendition of The Beatles’ classic, “Helter Skelter,” which had the audience singing along. Talking to those around me after the band left the stage, many said they became new fans of the band that night.
Here’s hoping The Dead Daisies return to Central Florida in the future. They put on a great show!
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2020 Picks For #Easter Dining In #Orlando (At Home) - April 8, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For April 8, 2020: Kadance, Hawkers, Canvas, ICON Park, Estefan Kitchen Orlando, Ravenous Pig, and More .. #OrlandoFoodies - April 8, 2020
- Orange County and Visit Orlando Launch ‘#407Day’ Campaign April 7 to Support Local Restaurants .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - April 6, 2020
- Enzian Theater Offering Four New Indie Movies to Stream .. @EnzianTheater @atwdfilm #CorpusChristiFilm @ExtraOrdFilm @SWMYfilm - April 5, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Second Free Online #StayHome Music Fest April 5 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - April 5, 2020
- SeaWorld Parks Provide Free Online Animal and Nature Classroom Resources .. @SeaWorld #ClassroomResources - April 4, 2020
- Creative City Project Presents “Stimulate the Arts” Online Fundraiser .. @Creative_Proj #OrlandoArts - April 3, 2020
- Orlando’s East End Market Launches Mobile Delivery Service .. @EastEndMkt - April 2, 2020
- Feed the Need Florida to Distribute Meals to Families Impacted by COVID-19 .. #FeedtheNeedFL - March 31, 2020
- Monster Jam World Finals 2020 in Orlando Has Been Cancelled .. @MonsterJam #MonsterJam - March 30, 2020