This week the second Shake Shack location opened on I-Drive and I was there for both the preview and the ribbon cutting the next morning.
This Shake Shack location is at I-Drive 360, with a front door view of The Orlando Eye. It features ample seating indoors, as well as several benches and chairs on the outdoor patio in front.
The menu features the brand’s regular offerings of burgers, hot dogs, and frozen custard. It also features two location-specific Concrete variations, both made with their frozen custard. The Orlandough is all about the chocolate – custard, truffle cookie dough and covered pretzels – all accompanied by a marshmallow sauce. The other Concrete, the Eye Drive, is a concoction of vanilla frozen custard, peanut butter sauce, chocolate toffee and chocolate sprinkles.. Plus 5% of the sales from the Eye Drive benefit A Gift for Music, a local non-profit program helping the Orlando area’s underserved youth reach their personal potential through quality music education.
I had the chance to try both of the Concretes, and the Eye Drive edged out The Orlandough for my fave (but I have to confess I’m not a huge chocolate fan).
The preview day on August 18 was a little chaotic with lines out the door, but the staff operated well under the pressure and were happy and friendly until the end.
The next morning, August 19, Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs joined in the ribbon cutting to officially open the restaurant to the public. Her family joined her in trying out the newest Central Florida location for the brand.
And if you’ve been putting off trying Shake Shack because of the small parking lot at the Winter Park location, you’ll be happy to know a FREE parking garage is just across the sidewalk from the I-Drive location.
Shake Shack I-Drive is located at 8359 International Drive at the I-Drive 360 complex. Hours are 11am-11pm Sunday through Thursday, and 11am-midnight Friday and Saturday. For more information, including a full menu, visit shakeshack.com.
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018
- MidiCi Kissimmee Hosts #IHeartMidiCi Charity Pizza Drive During Feb 2018 - February 14, 2018
- 140th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 16-18 #silverspursrodeo - February 12, 2018
- Breaking: Walt Disney World Raises Ticket, Pass, and Parking Prices Effective Feb 11, 2018 - February 11, 2018
- Monster Energy Supercross comes to Tampa Feb. 24 + Discount Ticket Code - February 11, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Brings New Show VOLTA to Tampa Feb 14-Mar 18, 2018 - February 10, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 9, 2018: Pizza Ponte, Lucky’s Market, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, and More - February 9, 2018