Legendary hard rock group Whitesnake are coming to Central Florida for three dates at the beginning of August.
They will be at the King Center in Melbourne on August 1, at the Hard Rock Live Orlando at Universal CityWalk on August 3, and at the Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater on August 6.
Whitesnake was formed in England in 1978 by lead vocalist David Coverdale. The band has released multi-platinum selling albums throughout the years and hit the top of the charts with songs like “Slide It In,” “Here I Go Again,” “Still Of The Night” and “Is This Love.” They were also mainstays on MTV in the late 80s with their eye-catching videos.
After a quiet period in the late 90s, Coverdale reformed Whitesnake in 2002, and the band has continued recording and touring through to now. The current Whitesnake lineup features David Coverdale on vocals, Reb Beach and Joel Hoekstra on guitars, Michael Devin on bass and Tommy Aldridge on drums.
2015 saw the release of Whitesnake’s newest recording, The Purple Album, a re-imagination of classic songs from Coverdale’s time from 1973-76 as the lead singer for Deep Purple’s Mark 3 and Mark 4 studio albums (Mark referring to the different line-ups of the band).
“It’s a tribute. A homage. It’s a huge thank you from me to Deep Purple for the opportunity I was given over 40 years ago,” states Coverdale. “As I said to Ritchie, you guys set me on an incredible journey that continues today and I couldn’t have asked for better teachers. The University of Deep Purple was an extraordinary, amazing school to learn from. We can’t wait to play these songs in concert!”
And if you want to hear them live, along with other classic Whitesnake hits, you have three chances to catch them while they’re in Central Florida, with The Dead Daisies as special guest.
Tickets for the King Center show in Melbourne on August 1 are $35 to $165, and are available online at kingcenter.com and at the box office.
Tickets for the Hard Rock Live Orlando show on August 3 are $39.50 to $79.50, and are available online at hardrock.com and at the box office.
Tickets for the Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater on August 6 are $38.75 to $175 VIP, and are available at rutheckardhall.com and at the box office.
For more information on Whitesnake, including a full list of tour dates, visit whitesnake.com.
To get you in the mood for the show, here is the video for “Stormbringer” off The Purple Album:
and the video for one of the band’s biggest hits, “Still Of The Night”:
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 28, 2020: Pie-Fection, Git-N-Messy BBQ, Papa Llama, Chicken Fire, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 28, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Hosts ‘Launch and a Movie’ Sept 29 .. #KSCVC #SpaceX @ExploreSpaceKSC - September 27, 2020
- Virginia Drive Live! Returns to Orlando September 26 .. #VirginaDriveLive #OrlandoEvents - September 23, 2020
- Orlando Weekly’s Taco Week Offers $5 Taco Deals Sept 23-Oct 7 .. #TacoWeek #Foodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 22, 2020
- 18th Annual Global Peace Film Festival Goes Virtual Sept 21-Oct 4 .. #GPFF2020 #PeaceFilmFest #OrlandoArts - September 21, 2020
- Melrose Film Festival 2020 is Free Online Sept 18 – 27 .. #MelroseCenter #OrlandoArts - September 18, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s Sip, Savor, & Stay Saturdays Kicks Off September 19 .. #SwanDolphin #Foodies - September 16, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020