As Downtown Disney transitions into Disney Springs, new eateries are opening. One of the newest is Vivoli Geletaria, which sells authentic Italian gelato.
How authentic? The company was founded in 1932 in Florence, Italy, where today they are well known for their gelato. The location at Walt Disney World is their first storefront outside of Italy, with the exception of a counter located at Macy’s in New York City .
The Disney storefront is located on what will be The Landing at Disney Springs, across from The Boathouse. It is small, with no indoor seating.
Once you get inside, you’ll notice most of the interior is dedicated to a chilled display of their gelato. Twenty-four flavors of gelato and sorbet, to be exact, all made fresh in-house, some with imported Italian ingredients. Some flavors are rotated, but you can find a list of the day’s flavors outside next to the door.
You can enjoy your flavor(s) of choice in cups of any of the following sizes: Piccola ($5), Media ($6), or Grande ($7). Yes, I said flavor(s) – the Piccola holds up to two flavors, the Media three flavors, and the Grande holds four. Cones are also available for $6.75, and there are waffle boat sundaes at $9.75.
Best part is they do allow sampling, so you can try a few flavors before committing. And there are so many delicious flavors, including some vegan ones (no egg or dairy) marked with a blue scoop in the case.
I sampled the Rice Pudding and Pear flavors before deciding on a Media cup featuring Fragola (strawberry), Cocco (featuring shredded coconut), and Amarena (brandied cherry). Each flavor was a perfect spoonful of freshness. The Fragola gelato tasted like I was biting into a strawberry. The Cocco was not an overly sweet coconut gelato. And the Amarena is perfect for amaretto fans like myself.
Vivoli Gelateria also offers beverages made with their gelato, including Affogato (two scoops of gelato with a shot of espresso). They also have a small bakery case offering three Panini selections, and a few pastries, including biscotti. I didn’t have a chance to try any of them on this visit.
I think Vivoli Gelateria is a great addition to the food offerings at Walt Disney World. I look forward to trying more of their menu.
Have you tried their gelato or any of their other menu items? Let us know what you thought in comments.
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 28, 2020: Pie-Fection, Git-N-Messy BBQ, Papa Llama, Chicken Fire, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 28, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Hosts ‘Launch and a Movie’ Sept 29 .. #KSCVC #SpaceX @ExploreSpaceKSC - September 27, 2020
- Virginia Drive Live! Returns to Orlando September 26 .. #VirginaDriveLive #OrlandoEvents - September 23, 2020
- Orlando Weekly’s Taco Week Offers $5 Taco Deals Sept 23-Oct 7 .. #TacoWeek #Foodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 22, 2020
- 18th Annual Global Peace Film Festival Goes Virtual Sept 21-Oct 4 .. #GPFF2020 #PeaceFilmFest #OrlandoArts - September 21, 2020
- Melrose Film Festival 2020 is Free Online Sept 18 – 27 .. #MelroseCenter #OrlandoArts - September 18, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s Sip, Savor, & Stay Saturdays Kicks Off September 19 .. #SwanDolphin #Foodies - September 16, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020