My family and I happened upon a new restaurant called Pizza Mia Ristorante that opened today (July 6), so we decided to give it a try.
Pizza Mia Ristorante is located at 12640 S Orange Blossom Trail, near South Chase. This place has a family history about it. The owner’s father, and Uncle have pizza places in the New York City area, and this is the first location in Florida.
They have pizza by the slice in addition to an 18 inch pie. It is New York style pizza. The crust is thin and crispy. The sauce is good and not sweet. They also have appetizers, as well as pasta dishes, calzones, and salads on the menu. They offer beer and wine, as well as Coke products, for beverage options.
We had an order of garlic knots (6 per order) and a whole pie, and opted to eat it in the restaurant. We didn’t think we would eat it all, but then again, ya never know. The pie came to us hot, and we dug in. We ate the entire thing…I guess we were hungry. The ingredients were fresh and it tasted really good.
My husband said that this was the best New York style pizza he’s had in a long time, outside of NYC. The only issue we had was that it was not cut all the way through. But that really isn’t an issue, just a speed bump on the way from the plate to our tummies.
As this was their first day open, not everything on the menu was available. I’m looking forward to trying the other things they will have to offer. Things like buffalo chicken wings and mozzarella sticks are baked, not fried. Their Vodka pizza sounds interesting, as does their Margherita, Ricotta and Spinach, and many other varieties. What can I say…we love pizza!
Their hours are Sunday – Thursday 10:30am to 10pm; Friday and Saturday 10:30am to 11pm. No website that I could find, but their phone is 407-888-9893.
- Out and About: The Big Bounce America Tour is Fun for All Ages .. @TheBigBounceUSA - October 24, 2019
- Out and About: The Holy Land Experience Debuts New Show ‘David: King of Jerusalem’ .. #HolyLandExp #WhereTheTrueHeroesLive - September 30, 2019
- Out and About: ‘Tuck Everlasting: The Musical’ at The Orlando REP .. @OrlandoREP - September 28, 2019
- Out and About: Disney On Ice Brings Road Trip Adventures to Orlando - September 8, 2019
- Out and About: Nona Adventure Park Opens in Orlando @Nona_Adventure - March 30, 2019
- Out and About: Monster Jam in 2019 is Better Than Ever! - January 15, 2019
- Out and About: Maker Faire Orlando 2018 Was a Fun Family Weekend - November 15, 2018
- Out and About: LEGOLAND Florida’s Brick or Treat Offers Family-Friendly Spooky Fun - October 13, 2018
- Out and About: Catching the Premiere of Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party - September 10, 2018
- Out and About: Monster Jam Triple Threat at the Amway Center was Fun for the Whole Family - August 20, 2018