Yesterday morning, actor Kevin Bacon visited Give Kids the World (GKTW) Village to help launch the organization’s Ice Cream Challenge.
Bacon filmed a PSA where he squares off against Ethan, one of the resort’s young guests, to see who could eat the most ice cream in six seconds. The loser had to donate $6 to GKTW Village, a 74-acre resort in Kissimmee where children with serious illnesses and their families are treated to dream vacations at no cost.
Bacon lost and made his donation, to the delight of Ethan, who was still wearing ice cream all over his face.
The actor was in town as founder of SixDegrees.org, which encourages celebrities to use their fame to benefit worthy causes, like GKTW. He visited the Give Kids the World Village to highlight the fact that everyone is connected by six degrees or less to a child with a life-threatening illness
The resort hosts more than 7,400 families a year. The weeklong vacations are free to guests, and include complimentary passes to the area’s theme parks and other attractions.
The Ice Cream Challenge (#GKTWChallenge) is a social media and fundraising campaign the organization hopes will raise contributions for, and awareness of, the work it does. The idea is you challenge someone to face off with you in an ice cream eating contest. The person who eats the most in six seconds wins. Loser donates $6 (or more) to GKTW.
Now, it’s your turn to help the Village and the amazing kids it serves. Challenge your friends and family to the #GKTWChallenge, and make sure you get it on video. To get involved, go to gktw.org/bacon.
Now, thanks to GKTW, here is the Official PSA featuring Kevin Bacon and Ethan:
Thanks to Kevin Bacon for donating his time to such a worthwhile cause!
- Hawkers Asian Street Fare To Celebrate Chinese New Year Jan 25, 2020 .. #EatatHawkers - January 24, 2020
- First Look at ‘Harmonious’ Coming Epcot in 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot - January 24, 2020
- ICON Park to Host Free Pro-Football Fan Nights Jan 24-25, 2020 .. @IconParkOrlando - January 23, 2020
- Space 220 Restaurant to Open Soon at Epcot - January 22, 2020
- Lucky’s Market to Close Nearly All Central Florida Stores by February 2020 .. @LuckysMarket - January 21, 2020
- Poo-Pourri Giant Poo Experience Tour to Make Orlando Stop January 24-26, 2020 .. @PooPourri - January 21, 2020
- 2020 AMP’d Series Showcases Local Talent at Dr. Phillips Center .. @DrPhillipsCtr - January 20, 2020
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends In January and February 2020 .. #BuiltForKids @LegolandFlorida - January 19, 2020
- Disney’s ALADDIN Tour Members To Host ‘SONGS FROM A WHOLE NEW WORLD’ Benefit on Jan 27, 2020 .. @aladdin - January 18, 2020
- Christian Music Fest ‘Rock The Universe’ Returns to Universal Orlando Jan 24-25, 2020 .. #RocktheUniverse @UniversalOrlando - January 17, 2020