Walt Disney World confirmed this morning that they are completely banning selfie sticks from its parks, effective Tuesday, June 30.
Previously Disney had banned selfie sticks from certain rides, but under the new policy, the sticks won’t be allowed in the parks at all. They will also be banned from the Walt Disney World water parks, and at DisneyQuest at Downtown Disney.
The park will be keeping an eye out for the selfie sticks during bag checks prior to entering, and if a guest is found with one, they have the option of turning in their sticks at guest services to pick up later, or returning them to their car or hotel room.
The ban also goes into effect on Tuesday at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure in California, where this weekend the California Screamin’ roller coaster was shut down for over an hour after a guest used a selfie stick while the ride was in motion.
Disney’s parks in Hong Kong and Paris will enact the ban on July 1.
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023