We have word the much-anticipated Tapa Toro restaurant will open at I-Drive 360 to serve authentic Spanish cuisine to Orlando on Monday, June 29.
Tapa Toro will pay tribute to classic and contemporary Spanish cuisine with a tapas menu, which will make use of imported signatures like chorizo and sherry, as well as local produce and organic proteins.
Paella, a Spanish-cuisine staple traditionally made of rice, green vegetables, and meat or seafood will lead the menu. Tapa Toro will serve four variations of the dish– vegetarian, chicken, seafood or steak. It will be prepared in a over-sized, seven-foot wide paella pit with a bar-like setup for guests to dine around.
Also on the menu will be traditional tapas such as Buñuelos (fluffy salted cod fritters), Gambas al Ajillo (shrimp sautéed in olive oil, garlic, paprika and a splash of brandy), Fricasé de Pollo (roasted Bell & Evans chicken breast, artichoke, tomato, pearl onion, fingerling potatoes and chicken jus), Albondigas (a Spanish meatball made with veal and beef combined with cheese and seasoned with parsley, garlic and Spanish paprika), and Patatas Bravas (fried white potatoes served with a spicy tomato aioli).
Guests can also choose from other fare including a Museo de Queso platter of Spanish cheeses, while meat-lovers can enjoy a selection of traditional cured meats with the Museo de Carne platter featuring Jamón Serano, Lomo Embuchado, and Fuet.
Tapa Toro’s bar will feature an extensive selection of Spanish wines, spirits and cocktails, with specialties such as house-made sangria, the Corazon de España (gin and tonic) and Tinto de Verano, a light red wine served in a traditional Spanish wine pitcher called a porron.
“Celebration is the Spanish way of life, and Tapa Toro will pay homage to this by fusing food and entertainment under one roof,” said co-owner Katerina Coumbaros, who also co-owns Taverna Opa Orlando with her husband Vassilis. “Vassilis and I were inspired by the architecture, the culture and the cuisine of Spain. Tapa Toro is our way of bringing all these memories home.”
Tapa Toro Orlando is located at 8441 International Drive at the I-Drive 360 complex (under the shadow of The Orlando Eye). They will be open daily 11am to 11pm Monday through Thursday, and from 11am to 2pm Friday and Saturday. Reservations suggested, but walk-ins accepted. For more information, visit tapatoro.restaurant or visit them on Facebook at facebook.com/tapatoroorlando.
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2020 .. #FathersDay #VisitOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants - June 18, 2020
- Gatorland Offers Special Florida Resident Rates Through June 30, 2020 .. #Gatorland #FLResident - June 15, 2020