Earlier this week Walt Disney World announced an new tenant for Disney Springs would be called The NBA Experience.
According to the release, The NBA Experience will include a restaurant and a retail store, and feature hands-on activities that will put families in the middle of NBA game action.
“We’re excited to join the NBA in offering this unique form of family entertainment,” said Bob Chapek, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “It will be a terrific addition to the world-class lineup of shops and restaurants coming to Disney Springs.”
So what does this mean for the NBA City located at Universal Orlando’s CityWalk?
Universal posted on their Facebook page this week, as well:
“Several months ago, we decided not to renew the lease for NBA City so we could create an exciting, new concept for that space. We’ll announce the new concept soon – and it will join all the other great experiences we’ve opened at CityWalk. NBA City closes in late August.”
Apparently NBA City will close in August at Universal Orlando CityWalk, and then The NBA Experience will open in 2016 at Disney Springs. Disney, which owns ABC and ESPN, already has a deal in place to also broadcast NBA games through the 2024-25 season.
Swish! Score one for basketball fans headed to Walt Disney World. Are you excited to see what The NBA Experience will offer at Disney Springs?
- Out and About: The LEGO Movie Days Make LEGOLAND Florida Even More Awesome! #BuiltForKids #LEGOMovieDays - July 19, 2019
- ICE! at Gaylord Palms to Feature ‘The Polar Express’ for 2019 #CAGP19 #VisitICE2019 - July 18, 2019
- Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Returns Aug 23 with Record Breaking 120+ Restaurants @VisitOrlando #MagicalDining - July 17, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Salutes First Responders with Half Off Admission Through July 31 #SeaWorldOrlando - July 16, 2019
- Apollo 11 Moon landing 50th Anniversary Events This Week in Central Florida #Apollo11 - July 15, 2019
- Dates Unveiled for the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays #WaltDisneyWorld - July 14, 2019
- Win a Family 4-Pack of Tickets to Disney’s Newsies at Osceola Arts! @Osceola_Arts #Giveaway - July 10, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Hosts THE LEGO MOVIE DAYS Weekends in July and August 2019 #BuiltForKids - July 9, 2019
- Osceola Arts Presents Disney’s ‘Newsies’ Starting July 12 @Osceola_Arts - July 8, 2019
- July 4th Fireworks To Live Stream From Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Tonight - July 4, 2019