I had it all planned to go cover Walt Disney World‘s 24-Hour celebration at the Magic Kingdom on Friday. Unfortunately I got sick and wasn’t able to attend.
Thank goodness for friends, though. Friend and fellow blogger Jen Vargas happily took my ticket and came back with a bunch of photos and video.
Guests arriving at Magic Kingdom were greeted with a huge banner proclaiming it the “Coolest Summer Ever”…even though temps during the day were near 100 degrees. But Disney fans are not about to let a little sweat damper their enjoyment.
The crowds were fairly steady all day, riding rides, watching parades, and checking out all the Disney Channel stars in attendance. Artists were also creating Disney-inspired chalk drawings on the sidewalks as people watched.
Those with a sweet tooth were enjoying some special “Coolest Summer Ever” cupcakes. These look yummy, don’t they?
But it was after dark when the park came alive…and then the storms hit. Many left around midnight, however those that stuck it out just kept enjoying all the rides and overnight dance parties once the rain stopped.
That’s right, dance parties. Jen caught the one happening in Frontierland in the early morning hours. Here’s a video she posted to her Instagram of Chip getting down with the crowd:
This final shot is of the Magic Kingdom emptying out at 6am. As the saying goes, you don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.
Hopefully I’ll be well enough to cover it next year, but I hope you enjoyed this recap. Thanks for the photos Jen!
Did you go? Tell us what you thought.
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019
- Mad Cow Theatre presents ‘Fade’ Aug 23 – Sept 15, 2019 .. @MadCowTheatre - August 20, 2019
- Joe Bonamassa Announces Two Central Florida Dates in February 2020 .. @KingCenterPA @RuthEckerdHall @JBONAMASSA - August 19, 2019
- The Roth Family Jewish Community Center to Host Author Jenna Blum Aug 27 .. @Jenna_Blum @orlandoJCC - August 16, 2019
- Disney On Ice Presents Road Trip Adventures at Amway Center Sept 6-8 + Ticket Giveaway! .. @DisneyOnIce #RoadTripAdventures - August 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Hosts Grand Opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs .. #Disney #NBAExperience - August 13, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts Free Open House for Fall Arts Classes Aug 17 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - August 12, 2019
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns August 16-18, 2019 + Win Tickets! #Giveaway #TheOrlandoBoatShow - August 8, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Fall 2019 Classes Now on Sale … @DrPhillipsCtr - August 6, 2019