I had it all planned to go cover Walt Disney World‘s 24-Hour celebration at the Magic Kingdom on Friday. Unfortunately I got sick and wasn’t able to attend.
Thank goodness for friends, though. Friend and fellow blogger Jen Vargas happily took my ticket and came back with a bunch of photos and video.
Guests arriving at Magic Kingdom were greeted with a huge banner proclaiming it the “Coolest Summer Ever”…even though temps during the day were near 100 degrees. But Disney fans are not about to let a little sweat damper their enjoyment.
The crowds were fairly steady all day, riding rides, watching parades, and checking out all the Disney Channel stars in attendance. Artists were also creating Disney-inspired chalk drawings on the sidewalks as people watched.
Those with a sweet tooth were enjoying some special “Coolest Summer Ever” cupcakes. These look yummy, don’t they?
But it was after dark when the park came alive…and then the storms hit. Many left around midnight, however those that stuck it out just kept enjoying all the rides and overnight dance parties once the rain stopped.
That’s right, dance parties. Jen caught the one happening in Frontierland in the early morning hours. Here’s a video she posted to her Instagram of Chip getting down with the crowd:
This final shot is of the Magic Kingdom emptying out at 6am. As the saying goes, you don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.
Hopefully I’ll be well enough to cover it next year, but I hope you enjoyed this recap. Thanks for the photos Jen!
Did you go? Tell us what you thought.
- Disney’s ALADDIN Tour Members To Host ‘SONGS FROM A WHOLE NEW WORLD’ Benefit on Jan 27, 2020 .. @aladdin - January 18, 2020
- Christian Music Fest ‘Rock The Universe’ Returns to Universal Orlando Jan 24-25, 2020 .. #RocktheUniverse @UniversalOrlando - January 17, 2020
- Central Florida Fair to Add New Livestock and Event Pavilion .. @CentralFLFair - January 17, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the Orlando Returns of ‘Hamilton’ and ‘Wicked’ .. #OrlandoBroadwaySeries @DrPhillipsCtr @HamiltonMusical @WICKED_Musical #FAIRWINDSBway - January 16, 2020
- Frontier Airlines Announces Plans for OIA Maintenance Hangar and Opens Training Facility in Orlando .. @FlyFrontier @MCO - January 16, 2020
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2020 Events in Central Florida .. #MLK2020 #MLKDay - January 15, 2020
- Blake Shelton’s Ole Red Orlando Restaurant to Open at ICON Park in April 2020 .. @OleRedOrlando @BlakeShelton - January 15, 2020
- Three New Film Experiences Coming to Epcot January 17, 2020 .. #Epcot @WaltDisneyWorld - January 14, 2020
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Announces New Executive Director .. @OrlandoPhilOrch - January 14, 2020
- Jesse Cook Returns to Orlando with Show at Plaza Live on Jan 19, 2020 .. @JesseCookHQ @LivePlaza - January 13, 2020