Everybody likes hanging out with celebrities and snapping selfies, and at the newly opened Madame Tussauds Orlando, it’s almost like the real thing.
Madame Tussauds features detailed and lifelike wax figures of major celebrities, sports stars, musicians, historical figures, and more. But these figures aren’t trapped behind glass, they’re out in the open for you to get up-close with for all the photos you want.
As you enter the attraction, you’ll find yourself in Gator Creek. This is where they’ll seat you on an airboat for a photo you can choose to purchase at the end. You leave the airboat and board a ship to discover Florida with Juan Ponce de Leon.
From there, you take a trip through history that includes the likes of Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr. You can even walk on the moon and see yourself on TV doing so.
One of the highlights of the Orlando location is Mr. Walt Disney himself. You can sit right next to him for the ultimate Disney fan selfie. Up close, the details of his face are amazing. A serious must if you love Disney.
He is located in the Arts and Science area, along with Albert Einstein and Steve Jobs.
Another good photo op in this section is Andy Warhol. A monitor to the side runs a live feed in four colored squares, just like Warhol’s famous Marilyn painting…only more distorted. Take a photo of the screen to remember the moment you got Warhol-ed.
Madame Marie Tussaud herself appears, in a section where you can make a wax cast of your hand for purchase. They have a list of warnings and make you sign a waiver, because it is not advised for those with certain medical conditions or sensitivity to heat or cold. I tried, but my MS made the ice water bath feel like it was burning my hand. However, if you can do it, it’s an experience you won’t forget.
The next section features sports stars like soccer’s David Beckham, racing’s Dale Earnhardt, Jr, tennis great Serena Williams, and basketball’s Shaquille O’Neal. I am really, really short next to Shaq. I tried to have a photo take of me blocking his dunk and you couldn’t see both our heads in the photo. Really. short.
Thankfully, the next section is dedicated to the musicians. Next to them, not so short. It was hard to get a selfie with Taylor, with her guitar in the way, but I had a lot of fun goofing around in selfies with Rhianna, Madonna, Katy Perry, and Miley Cyrus. Queen Beyonce is there looking fierce…I think she and RhiRhi were having a stare-down across the room. Men are also represented with the likes of Elvis, Michael Jackson, and Ricky Martin.
And this room has a trunk of props you can use, sitting next to Katy. I had fun with those.
TV Zone is next, starting with talk show host Jimmy Fallon. Orlando got one of five Jimmy’s, and ours is seated at his desk. With no extra chair to sit in (a la Walt), I had to get creative with my posing. I think his figure would work better with a chair to sit in like you were a guest on his show for pictures.
Among others represented are NPH…aka Neil Patrick Harris, Oprah Winfrey, Sofia Vergara, J-Lo, and Jim Parsons.
Next were not just figures, but movie sets built around the figures. You could ride in the onion carriage with Shrek and Fiona standing guard, run from dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, have tea with Audrey Hepburn, and dance with Danny and Sandy in the funhouse from Grease. And the E.T. scene has red hoodie props to use in your photos. So much fun!
Your celeb-filled journey ends with the A-List Party where you can hob nob with the likes of Ryan Reynolds, Johnny Depp, Will Smith, Selena Gomez, Anne Hathaway, and Leonardo DiCaprio. I talked Avengers with Samuel L. Jackson, and found out I was way underdressed to hang out with Brad and Angie.
But wait! There’s one more celebrity waiting for you as you exit in to the gift shop…Mr. Tom Hanks. I’ve heard he loves to take selfies.
I spent two hours inside taking photos, and I still missed some of the figures, so I feel if you enjoy taking fun photos of yourself or want one with your favorite celebrity, this is an attraction you will enjoy. Bring your selfie stick – I wish I’d have brought one.
Advance online tickets start at $18 for adults, and $13 for children under 12 per attraction. There are also combo tickets that offer discounts for any two or all three, plus an option to add on a visit to LEGOLAND Florida. Parking is free in a garage, or there is valet in the evening.
Madame Tussauds Orlando is located in the I-Drive 360 complex, in the same building as The Orlando Eye. For more information or to purchase your tickets, visit madametussauds.com/orlando.
And if you want to see some of the silly and fun selfies I took during my tour, check out my Instagram at instagram.com/zengrrl.
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For May 29, 2020: Bao’s Castle, The Osprey Tavern, Ocean Prime, King Cajun Crawfish, Krispy Kreme, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo - May 29, 2020
- SeaWorld Announces Plans to Reopen Orlando Parks June 11 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #AquaticaOrlando #DiscoveryCove #Reopening - May 28, 2020
- Plans Unveiled for the Phased Reopening of Walt Disney World .. #WaltDisneyWorld #Reopening - May 27, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to Re-Open May 28, 2020 + Ticket Deal .. #KSCVC #Reopening - May 26, 2020
- Florida Hurricane Supplies Sales Tax Holiday Runs May 29-June 4, 2020 - May 25, 2020
- NBA in Talks with Walt Disney World to Restart Season in Orlando .. #NBA #WWoS #ESPN #WaltDisneyWorld - May 24, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Plans to Reopen June 1 .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #Reopening #PirateIslandHotel - May 23, 2020
- Universal Orlando Submits Plan to Reopen Parks in June .. #UniversalOrlando #Reopening - May 21, 2020
- Seminole State’s Emil Buehler Planetarium to be Part of Free Nationwide Star Party May 22, 2020 .. #StarParty #LiveStreaming #SeminoleState - May 20, 2020
- Orlando Music Community Leaders Band Together for ORLANDO MUSIC CARES Benefit May 25, 2020 .. #OrlandoMusicCares #LocalMusic #CharityEvents - May 19, 2020