Parks are some of the best places to build fun family memories, and you can make some more on National Park Trust’s Kids to Parks Day 2015, which takes place Saturday, May 16.
The National Parks Trust is dedicated to perserving local, state, and national parks, and it wants 500,000 people to sign the pledge to take their kids out to a park that day. To sign up, visit kidstoparks.org. As a bonus, when you sign the pledge, you also get a chance to win a Nikon COOLPIX L830 camera.
So sign up, then find an organized event in your area. If there isn’t one, that’s ok. Just visit any local park – Orlando and Central Florida have a lot of great parks. The idea is just to get you and your family to enjoy a park. You can visit parktrust.org/youthprograms/buddy-bison/resources for some fun ideas.
Now that you know all about Kids to Parks Day, National Parks Trust is sponsoring a fun giveaway for CitySurfing Orlando readers, in partnership with my other blog, Zengrrl!
One lucky reader will win a great prize pack that includes a “Buddy Bison” mascot stuffed animal, 2 National Geographic Books (National Geographic Secrets of the National Parks and National Geographic Kids National Parks Guide U.S.A.), a CamelBak BPA- and BPS-free reusable bottle, a T-shirt, and a NPT Park Activity Guide.
Simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. You can even earn extra entries by doing things like tweeting about this contest. Deadline to enter is 11:59pm (ET) on Friday, May 15, 2015.
Winner will be drawn at random from all valid entries during the contest duration. Contestants must reside in the U.S. Good luck and happy entering!
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2020 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 21, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2020/2021 Season .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 20, 2020
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020