Legendary rock band Tesla will be returning to Orlando for a show at the House of Blues Orlando on Friday, April 17.
Tesla formed in Sacramento, CA in 1985, and released their debut album, Mechanical Resonance in 1986. It went Top 40 on the album charts with hit singles like “Modern Day Cowboy,” “Gettin’ Better,” and “Little Suzi.” It also has one of my favorite tracks by them, “Cumin’ Atcha Live.”
Not bad for a first album, but it was their second album, The Great Radio Controversy, which launched them into superstardom in 1989. Rock radio loved singles like “Hang Tough” and “Heaven’s Trail (No Way Out),” but it was the ballad “Love Song” that gave the band their first Top Ten Pop single.
With their next album, 2000’s Five Man Acoustical Jam, Tesla helped kick-start the acoustic trend, culminating with the MTV “Unplugged” series. “Signs,” the album’s single, became another Top Ten hit.
The band’s next studio album was 1991’s Psychotic Supper, which had four hit singles in “Edison’s Medicine,” “Call It What You Want,” “Song and Emotion,” and “What You Give.”
In the years following, 1994’s Bust a Nut, Tesla broke up, and then got back together towards the end of the decade. Since then, they’ve released several more albums, including 2004’s Into The Now, and 2008’s Forever More. Their most recent release is 2014’s Simplicity.
Tesla has also spent the better part of the years in between recording on the road, and they still put on a high energy in-your-face rock show.
They will be going out on the road this summer with Def Leppard and Styx, but this week, you can catch them headlining at the House of Blues Orlando.
Tickets for the show are $27, are available online at houseofblues.com, and at the box office.
For more on Tesla, visit teslatheband.com.
To get you in the mood for the show, here’s the video for Tesla’s “Gettin’ Better,” a song that has gotten me through many a bad day:
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019