UK electro-pop duo The Ting Tings made a stop in Orlando on April 14, 2015, and The Social was packed with fans.
The big surprise is the duo was actually a trio on stage. They had a third touring member to assist with all the electronic sounds.
But the show was definitely all about Katie and Jules, who ran through almost an hour of singles and album cuts from their earlier works. Jules was stationary behind the drums, occasionally grabbing a guitar. In contrast, Katie was all over the stage, spending most of the set with a guitar strapped around her neck. I’m amazed any of my photos of her turned out clear.
The crowd had the biggest reactions to their huge hit, “That’s Not My Name,” which came towards the end of the set, but they were singing and dancing to most everything The Ting Tings played.
Then the duo segued into cuts from their recent album, Supercritical, including “Wrong Club,” “Green Poison,” and a slowed-down version of the title track, “Supercritical,” to close out the evening.
It was a good show, and I enjoyed being in the audience for it.
For more on The Ting Tings, including upcoming tour dates, visit thetingtings.com.
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Announces 2020-2021 Season .. @OrlandoPhilOrch #OrlandoArts #OrlandoPhilharmonic - February 7, 2020