Recently we had the chance to check out CSI: The Experience on I-Drive, and found it to be an interesting attraction.
We weren’t allowed to take photos inside the exhibit, so we can’t spoil any of the clues for you budding forensic scientists. But we did get a walk-through.
You get one of three crime scenes to solve, each one color coded so you can follow the clues throughout the exhibit. You even get a CSI branded vest to wear while solving your case.
This is not timed, so you can take your time to examine the clues, which can include DNA identification, firearm and toolmark identification, toxicology, tire marks, latent prints, forensic anthropology, and more.
The crime scene ends at a mock autopsy (no blood or gore) and a video chat from the doctor (played by the doctor from the TV series). Then you log your clues and info and make your guess as to who did it.
There isn’t any blood or gore that would be unsuitable for children, but there are some fake bones, and scene staging of the crime scene. I would say if you let them watch the show, this is a tamer version. They recommend children be 12 and over.
What you need to know before you go:
Prices: $19.99 (Adults), $12.99 (Kids 6-11); discounts for doing multiple crime scenes in one day; discounts for groups
Hours: 10am – 6pm Monday through Thursday; 10am – 9pm Friday & Saturday; 10am – 7pm Sunday
Location: 7220 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819 (at I-Drive and Carrier Drive)
For more information on CSI: The Experience, or to purchase tickets in advance, visit orlando.csiexhibit.com.
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019