Orlando Shakespeare Theater in Partnership with UCF is proud to present the World Premiere of Bad Dog from April 8 to May 3, 2015.
After ten years of sobriety, Molly Drexler tumbles “off the wagon” by driving her Prius through her house. Her family tries to cope with her wreckage, but end up running headfirst into their own demons. Old wounds are re-opened and new ones are made in this biting new play that takes family dysfunction to the extreme.
Written by Jennifer Hoppe-House (Showtime’s Nurse Jackie, DirecTV’s Damages, and Netflix’s upcoming Grace and Frankie), Bad Dog features Ginger Lee McDermott (Steppenwolf Theatre Company’s The Crucible, Northlight Theatre’s World Premiere of Sense and Sensibility, and Mad Cow Theatre’s Other Desert Cities) as Molly.
Suzanne O’Donnell (2015’s To Kill a Mockingbird) and Anne Hering (2014’s A Christmas Carol) reprise their PlayFest roles as Molly’s older sisters, Linda and Becky. Local favorite Elizabeth Murff (Thoroughly Modern Millie National Tour) appears as their overbearing, but well-intentioned mother, Lois.
Additional casting includes Jennifer Bonner (Abby), William Metzo (Walter), and Gladys Rodriguez (Sondra), with multiple male roles played by Mark Ferrera.
The Orlando Shakes production team includes Director Mark Routhier, Scenic Designer Bob Phillips, Lighting Designer Holly Stallard, Costume Designer Denise R. Warner, and Sound Designer Britt Sandusky.
Bad Dog is an adult story of family dysfunction that contains strong language, same sex relationships, alcohol abuse, and substance abuse. The play is for adult audiences only.
Single tickets to Bad Dog are priced from $10 to $22 for previews, and $20 to $45 for regular shows, Wednesdays through Sundays. They are available now by calling (407) 447-1700 ext. 1, visiting orlandoshakes.org, or in person at the Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 East Rollins Street).
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts “Flicks & Fireworks” This Weekend .. #SeaWorldOrlando #FlicksFireworks - July 8, 2020
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020