Orlando Shakespeare Theater in Partnership with UCF is proud to present the World Premiere of Bad Dog from April 8 to May 3, 2015.
After ten years of sobriety, Molly Drexler tumbles “off the wagon” by driving her Prius through her house. Her family tries to cope with her wreckage, but end up running headfirst into their own demons. Old wounds are re-opened and new ones are made in this biting new play that takes family dysfunction to the extreme.
Written by Jennifer Hoppe-House (Showtime’s Nurse Jackie, DirecTV’s Damages, and Netflix’s upcoming Grace and Frankie), Bad Dog features Ginger Lee McDermott (Steppenwolf Theatre Company’s The Crucible, Northlight Theatre’s World Premiere of Sense and Sensibility, and Mad Cow Theatre’s Other Desert Cities) as Molly.
Suzanne O’Donnell (2015’s To Kill a Mockingbird) and Anne Hering (2014’s A Christmas Carol) reprise their PlayFest roles as Molly’s older sisters, Linda and Becky. Local favorite Elizabeth Murff (Thoroughly Modern Millie National Tour) appears as their overbearing, but well-intentioned mother, Lois.
Additional casting includes Jennifer Bonner (Abby), William Metzo (Walter), and Gladys Rodriguez (Sondra), with multiple male roles played by Mark Ferrera.
The Orlando Shakes production team includes Director Mark Routhier, Scenic Designer Bob Phillips, Lighting Designer Holly Stallard, Costume Designer Denise R. Warner, and Sound Designer Britt Sandusky.
Bad Dog is an adult story of family dysfunction that contains strong language, same sex relationships, alcohol abuse, and substance abuse. The play is for adult audiences only.
Single tickets to Bad Dog are priced from $10 to $22 for previews, and $20 to $45 for regular shows, Wednesdays through Sundays. They are available now by calling (407) 447-1700 ext. 1, visiting orlandoshakes.org, or in person at the Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 East Rollins Street).
- First Look at ‘Harmonious’ Coming Epcot in 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot - January 24, 2020
- ICON Park to Host Free Pro-Football Fan Nights Jan 24-25, 2020 .. @IconParkOrlando - January 23, 2020
- Space 220 Restaurant to Open Soon at Epcot - January 22, 2020
- Lucky’s Market to Close Nearly All Central Florida Stores by February 2020 .. @LuckysMarket - January 21, 2020
- Poo-Pourri Giant Poo Experience Tour to Make Orlando Stop January 24-26, 2020 .. @PooPourri - January 21, 2020
- 2020 AMP’d Series Showcases Local Talent at Dr. Phillips Center .. @DrPhillipsCtr - January 20, 2020
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends In January and February 2020 .. #BuiltForKids @LegolandFlorida - January 19, 2020
- Disney’s ALADDIN Tour Members To Host ‘SONGS FROM A WHOLE NEW WORLD’ Benefit on Jan 27, 2020 .. @aladdin - January 18, 2020
- Christian Music Fest ‘Rock The Universe’ Returns to Universal Orlando Jan 24-25, 2020 .. #RocktheUniverse @UniversalOrlando - January 17, 2020
- Central Florida Fair to Add New Livestock and Event Pavilion .. @CentralFLFair - January 17, 2020