You may have noticed our post about the White Castle Crave Mobile making an appearance at both Fun Spot America locations this weekend. Well, apparently everybody underestimated how popular this event would be.
Each day, the lines were huge, with people waiting 2-3 hours just to place their orders. Sometimes the truck would close the line to catch up, and then reopen. And even then there was no guarantee the people in the line would get a chance to order.
Everyone I talked to said it was just a crazy scene. Of course a big part of the problem is people were ordering in huge amounts – 30, 60, even 100 and more! They were being sold 2/$2 for regular Castle burgers, and 2/$3 for the cheese and jalapeno sliders. Sides – including fries, chicken rings, onion rings, and dessert on a stick – were $3 each. One report said one couple ordered 120 Castle burgers – that’s $120 worth of burgers.
Seems like White Castle just needs to open a location or two in the Orlando area, if people are willing to spend that kind of money on their burgers. Or maybe it was the novelty of White Castle in Orlando that made people go slider crazy?
Did you get your hands on some White Castle this weekend? Let us know what you thought of the food and the lines in the comments. We’d love to hear your thoughts!
- Christian Music Fest ‘Rock The Universe’ Returns to Universal Orlando Jan 24-25, 2020 .. #RocktheUniverse @UniversalOrlando - January 17, 2020
- Central Florida Fair to Add New Livestock and Event Pavilion .. @CentralFLFair - January 17, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the Orlando Returns of ‘Hamilton’ and ‘Wicked’ .. #OrlandoBroadwaySeries @DrPhillipsCtr @HamiltonMusical @WICKED_Musical #FAIRWINDSBway - January 16, 2020
- Frontier Airlines Announces Plans for OIA Maintenance Hangar and Opens Training Facility in Orlando .. @FlyFrontier @MCO - January 16, 2020
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2020 Events in Central Florida .. #MLK2020 #MLKDay - January 15, 2020
- Blake Shelton’s Ole Red Orlando Restaurant to Open at ICON Park in April 2020 .. @OleRedOrlando @BlakeShelton - January 15, 2020
- Three New Film Experiences Coming to Epcot January 17, 2020 .. #Epcot @WaltDisneyWorld - January 14, 2020
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Announces New Executive Director .. @OrlandoPhilOrch - January 14, 2020
- Jesse Cook Returns to Orlando with Show at Plaza Live on Jan 19, 2020 .. @JesseCookHQ @LivePlaza - January 13, 2020
- Thomas’® Bagels Celebrates National Bagel Day Jan 15th with Orlando Pop-Up at Lynx Central Station .. #ThomasBagels #NationalBagelDay @lynxbusorlando - January 13, 2020