[Ed.note: 4/5/15- We’ve learned prior to opening, the name will now be Tapa Toro.]
I-Drive 360 will soon be home to an authentic Spanish cuisine experience provided by new restaurant Toca Boca Orlando. It will pay tribute to classic and contemporary Spanish cuisine with a robust tapas menu and “paella pit,” which will act as a focal point of the restaurant.
The concept comes from the husband-and-wife duo Katerina and Vassilis Coumbaros, the force behind popular Greek eatery Taverna Opa Orlando at Pointe Orlando. They were inspired by Spanish dedication to food and wine, and developed a menu full of indigenous ingredients, such as jamón, chorizo, olives, wines and cheeses.
Among the delights on said menu will be:
- Paella – a Spanish staple made of rice, green vegetables, and often meat/seafood. There will be four variations of the dish offered: vegetarian, chicken, seafood, and steak
- Albondigas – a Spanish meatball made with veal and beef combined with Manchego cheese and seasoned with parsley, garlic and Spanish paprika
- Buñuelos – fluffy salted cod fritters
- Gambas al Ajillo – a classic tapas dish of shrimp sautéed in olive oil, garlic, paprika and a splash of brandy
- Patatas Bravas – fried white potatoes served with a spicy tomato aioli
- Museo de Queso platter – featuring Spanish cheeses, such as Manchego Cheese, Cabra al Vino and Mahon Cheese
- Museo de Carne platter – featuring Jamón Serrano, Lomo Embuchado, and Fuet.
Toca Boca’s bar will feature an extensive selection of Spanish wines, spirits and cocktails, with specialties such as house-made sangria, Corazon de España (gin and tonic), and Tinto de Verano, a light red wine served in a traditional Spanish wine pitcher called a porron.
The restaurants design features Spanish accents of imported mosaic tiles, lighting inspired by Barcelona, and a wall dedicated to traditional and interactive art, all created by Tina Marie Interior Design. There will be indoor and outdoor seating, including private dining rooms, and on any given night up to 270 guests can enjoy the food and entertainment.
Toca Boca Orlando will open to the public on April 23, 2015. It will be located at 8441 International Drive, in the I-Drive 360 complex. Hours are Monday through Thursday 11am to 11pm, and Friday and Saturday 11am to 2am. Reservations are suggested, but walk-ins will be accepted.
For more information on Toca Boca Orlando, visit tocabocarestaurant.com.
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019