My family and I attended the last day of the Silver Spurs Rodeo on Sunday afternoon. It had an afternoon starting time, but the arena was packed with families ready to enjoy some good rodeo action.
This was our first time to go to a rodeo, though we had been to a bull riding event before. The bull riding at this rodeo was similar, and a bit scary to watch as the animal is big and doing everything in its power to get the rider off.
The bucking bronco horses were just as exciting to watch. I love horses and these riders are talented. The calf roping was interesting and I think my favorite event of those presented.
As a family with two kids 10 and under, we had fun!
The Silver Spurs Arena is fairly small which makes for an intimate setting for this event. It made it more exciting as everything is closer to you in the stands. All in all, it was a good afternoon, and one my family enjoyed.
For more information on future Silver Spurs Rodeo events, visit silverspursrodeo.com.
Thanks to the Silver Spurs organization for allowing us to check out the event!
[Photos by Kirk Garreans]
- Out and About: The Big Bounce America Tour is Fun for All Ages .. @TheBigBounceUSA - October 24, 2019
- Out and About: The Holy Land Experience Debuts New Show ‘David: King of Jerusalem’ .. #HolyLandExp #WhereTheTrueHeroesLive - September 30, 2019
- Out and About: ‘Tuck Everlasting: The Musical’ at The Orlando REP .. @OrlandoREP - September 28, 2019
- Out and About: Disney On Ice Brings Road Trip Adventures to Orlando - September 8, 2019
- Out and About: Nona Adventure Park Opens in Orlando @Nona_Adventure - March 30, 2019
- Out and About: Monster Jam in 2019 is Better Than Ever! - January 15, 2019
- Out and About: Maker Faire Orlando 2018 Was a Fun Family Weekend - November 15, 2018
- Out and About: LEGOLAND Florida’s Brick or Treat Offers Family-Friendly Spooky Fun - October 13, 2018
- Out and About: Catching the Premiere of Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party - September 10, 2018
- Out and About: Monster Jam Triple Threat at the Amway Center was Fun for the Whole Family - August 20, 2018