Yesterday, during a press conference, Merlin Entertainment released opening date information for the cornerstones of its I-Drive 360 complex: The Orlando Eye, Sea Life Orlando Aquarium, and Madame Tussauds Orlando.
The grand opening date for all three will be Monday, May 4, 2015, less than three months from today. Tickets are already on sale starting on that date.
Earlier this month, the final capsule for The Orlando Eye was put into place, but a spokesperson said they must undergo more testing to make sure everything is in working order. Then the staff must be trained so guest interaction on and off the ride goes smoothly.
The wheel revolves at heights up to 400-feet tall along International Drive, and the 6,600-pound capsules can fit up to 15 people. The wheel spins slowly, taking up to 45 minutes for a full circle.
Earlybird pre-sale tickets for The Orlando Eye are priced at $18 adults/$13 children ages 4-12. General flex-tickets good for a ride at any time are $25 for adults/$20 children ages 4-12. Ages 3 and under are free.
There is also a VIP Experience ticket, priced at $32 for adults/$27 children ages 4-12, that includes VIP treatment, priority boarding, and a glass of champagne for the adults. VIP is available during late afternoon/early evening rides.
Sea Life Orlando is an aquarium that will feature more than 5,000 creatures including seahorses, jellyfish, turtles, and sharks. There will be a 360 degree Ocean Tunnel, as well as interactive educational talks.
Advance tickets for Sea Life Orlando are priced at $18 adults/$13 children ages 4-12. Prices will be $25 adults/$20 children ages 4-12 at the door. Ages 3 and under are free.
Madame Tussauds is a popular attraction worldwide that offers lifelike wax figures of popular celebrities. Guests can touch and take photos with these wax figures. The Orlando location will feature Neil Patrick Harris, Dan Marino, Ricky Martin, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, and many more.
Advance tickets for Madame Tussauds Orlando are priced at $18 adults/$13 children ages 4-12. Prices will be $25 adults/$20 children ages 4-12 at the door. Ages 3 and under are free.
In addition to the individual attraction tickets, Merlin Entertainment offers combo tickets that allow admission to two, three, or more of these attractions.
- A 2-attraction combo advance ticket is $29 adults/$24 children ages 4-12. This allows the user to visit two of the following: The Orlando Eye, Sea Life Orlando, or Madame Tussauds Orlando.
- A 3-attraction combo advance ticket is $35 adults/$30 children ages 4-12. This allows one visit to each of the three attractions.
- A 4-attraction combo advance ticket is $89 adults/$84 children ages 4-12. This allows one visit to each of the three attractions, as well as a visit to LEGOLAND Florida, which is also owned by Merlin Entertainment. This combo ticket is almost the same price as a single LEGOLAND Florida ticket at the gate.
For more information on these attractions, or to purchase advance tickets, visit The Orlando Eye at officialorlandoeye.com, Sea Life Orlando at visitsealife.com/orlando, or Madame Tussauds Orlando at madametussauds.com/Orlando.
- Tame Impala Announces Rescheduled Orlando Tour Date at Amway Center for 2021 .. @AmwayCenter @TameImpala - October 19, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Celebrates 9th Birthday with Special Pass Pricing and Peek at 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #ThemeParkNews - October 16, 2020
- Central Florida Zoo wins AZA award for the Urban Wildlife Information Network .. @CentralFLZoo @CitySanfordFL #CFLAttractions - October 15, 2020
- Out and About: Bottomless Brunching at Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando .. @CafeTuTuTangoFL #OrlandoBrunch #OrlandoRestaurants - October 14, 2020
- Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Gideon’s Bakehouse Collaborate for National Dessert Day Oct 14 .. #OrlandoIceCream #OrlandoBakery - October 13, 2020
- I-Drive Businesses Form Orlando Entertainment District .. #IDrive #LoveOrlando @IDriveFun - October 13, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For October 12, 2020: Sonny’s BBQ, The New Standard, Tapa Toro, Orlando Meats, Rokka’s Market, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - October 12, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Offers Brevard County Resident Discount Oct 12-18 .. #BrevardCounty @ExploreSpaceKSC #LoveFL - October 10, 2020
- Brick or Treat Returns to LEGOLAND Florida For Family Friendly Halloween Fun .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #BrickorTreat #BuiltForKids #LoveFL - October 7, 2020
- Broadway in Orlando 20/21 Season Delayed Until April 2021 at Dr. Phillips Center .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - October 6, 2020