Now in its 10th year, Otronicon is the premiere technology event hosted by the Orlando Science Center, and it will run January 16 through 19.
Partners including Lockheed Martin, EA SPORTS, Walt Disney World Resort, Florida Hospital for Children and University of Central Florida demonstrate Orlando’s impact on the world of entertainment, simulation, education, training, health care and more.
There are classes in video game creation as well as exclusive chances to experience simulators to examine how video game technology is being used in the military, medical, sports and entertainment industries as a training and design tool. Plus, connect with local simulation companies to learn about exciting careers in the field.
And if you’ve yet to experience the Oculus Rift, local company Engineering & Computer Simulations enables you to embody a worker on an offshore oil rig in a dangerous situation courtesy of the virtual reality head-mounted display. And Talon Simulations puts a spin on the classic flight simulator with the addition of an Oculus Rift headset.
There will also be open play on video games from classic arcades to current-gen consoles throughout the building.
Otronicon aims to spark interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) careers through the appeal of video games, interactive technology and virtual reality.
Admission to Otronicon is $19 for adults and $13 for youth (ages 3-11). Science Center members can experience Otronicon for free. Otronicon is open from 10am to 10pm on Friday and Saturday; and 10am to 6pm on Sunday and Monday.
For more information, call 407-514-2000 or visit otronicon.org.
- Orange County and Visit Orlando Launch ‘#407Day’ Campaign April 7 to Support Local Restaurants .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - April 6, 2020
- Enzian Theater Offering Four New Indie Movies to Stream .. @EnzianTheater @atwdfilm #CorpusChristiFilm @ExtraOrdFilm @SWMYfilm - April 5, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Second Free Online #StayHome Music Fest April 5 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - April 5, 2020
- SeaWorld Parks Provide Free Online Animal and Nature Classroom Resources .. @SeaWorld #ClassroomResources - April 4, 2020
- Creative City Project Presents “Stimulate the Arts” Online Fundraiser .. @Creative_Proj #OrlandoArts - April 3, 2020
- Orlando’s East End Market Launches Mobile Delivery Service .. @EastEndMkt - April 2, 2020
- Feed the Need Florida to Distribute Meals to Families Impacted by COVID-19 .. #FeedtheNeedFL - March 31, 2020
- Monster Jam World Finals 2020 in Orlando Has Been Cancelled .. @MonsterJam #MonsterJam - March 30, 2020
- Enzian Theater Now Offers On Demand Streaming of Indie Movies .. @EnzianTheater @bacuraufilme @TheBandFilm @TheWhistlers #saintfrances - March 29, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Free Online #StayHome Music Fest March 29 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - March 28, 2020