Two of Orlando’s most popular attractions are teaming up, and this week, Gatorland broke ground on a new “Gator Spot” at Fun Spot America in Orlando.
Gator Spot will feature rare white alligators, along with regular Florida alligators and crocodiles from Gatorland in a new 15,000-sq-ft area within Fun Spot America on International Drive. It is said it will cost more than $1 million to build.
The press release states, “The interactive attraction will include an impressive array of alligators, an extremely rare leucistic ‘white’ alligator, numerous crocodiles, up-close encounters, photo opportunities and much more.”
Word is admission to Gator Spot will be $6 per person. Fun Spot America doesn’t charge admission and parking is free, but ride bands are available for purchase.
With Orlando home to the three big theme park companies, it makes sense for two family-owned businesses like Fun Spot America and Gatorland to team up to provide a new experience for visitors and locals alike.
[photo courtesy of Gatorland]
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020
- Walt Disney World Announces Attraction Closures and Project Postponements .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParkNews - July 29, 2020
- Osceola Arts presents ‘Once on the Island’ Online July 31-August 9, 2021 .. @Osceola_Arts #OnceontheIsland #oaOOTI - July 28, 2020